Bank Holiday Monday opening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hey all!

For those of you who open a Monday how do you work it in salon, still open? If so are you busy?

Do you close and what do your staff do come in on their day off instead or get it off in lieu? Xx

Hi

For our salon clients who are usually open Monday (not many) they stay open.

All our Clients have bank holidays within their employment contracts. They either say

I. the holiday entitlement is x days (which does not include bank holidays where the salon will not be open so they effectively get bank holidays off) or
2. the holiday entitlement is y days (including 8 days for bank holidays which they are free to take off any day - not just bank holidays).

I wouldn’t bother..... it’s more agg than its worth!

I don't open Easter Monday. I never get any enquiries for any high value treatments, it's always brows, Hollywoods - usual Monday stuff. If the weather is nice they'll all forget to come.

We usually open Good Friday, but it's never a great day - we take deposits for every treatment otherwise the day is full of no shows.

This Good Friday I accidentally booked myself on a course so we're closed. I don't think we'll be down over the month to be honest.

Latest posts

Back