Bankrupt business help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheIronLady

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum! But desperately seeking some advice please on behalf of my daughter.

My daughter was undergoing laser treatments for skin resurfacing and had paid for a package of 6, she managed to have around 3 appointments before lockdown hit. Meaning she has 3 left, she paid around £499 for the package but sadly the clinic/salon she was using has gone bust. I feel ever so sorry for the salon owner but I want to know where we stand, the salon owner has contacted us to say that sadly due to the bankruptcy there is no refunds and when we signed up it was a no refund offer anyway.

The clinic owner has said if she ever gets back into business in the coming years that she will contact clients who have lost out but she cant guarantee anything as all the assets (including the laser machine) have been taken away.

I wondered if anyone had any advice or its a case of just. biting the bullet and taking the hit , thanks x

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum! But desperately seeking some advice please on behalf of my daughter.

My daughter was undergoing laser treatments for skin resurfacing and had paid for a package of 6, she managed to have around 3 appointments before lockdown hit. Meaning she has 3 left, she paid around £499 for the package but sadly the clinic/salon she was using has gone bust. I feel ever so sorry for the salon owner but I want to know where we stand, the salon owner has contacted us to say that sadly due to the bankruptcy there is no refunds and when we signed up it was a no refund offer anyway.

The clinic owner has said if she ever gets back into business in the coming years that she will contact clients who have lost out but she cant guarantee anything as all the assets (including the laser machine) have been taken away.

I wondered if anyone had any advice or its a case of just. biting the bullet and taking the hit , thanks x

This is so tricky because I do sympathize with the people who lost their businesses. I understand 100% how you feel. Depending the my financial situation I would just bite the bullet. But in times like these, it may not be possible to do that. I lost my job during the pandemic as well and I can't just lose out on that kind of money. It'd pain me but I would not be able to donate that kind of money... :,(

Did you charge the service or pay cash? If you charged it, you can easily dispute it and get the charge removed or yourself credited.

If you want to be nice, you can always like give the business owner a "tip" to get on their feet. But 250 is a whole lot of money to just donate in times like these... :,(

You can be added to the list of creditors to whom the business owes money but you're unlikely to get anything back. It's not fair. No different really to buying gift cards for a shop that subsequently goes bust.

My daughter was undergoing laser treatments for skin resurfacing and had paid for a package of 6, she managed to have around 3 appointments before lockdown hit.

If she paid via credit card, she can make a claim to the credit card company. I always recommend using a credit card when purchasing anything over £100 for the added protection if things go wrong.

Latest posts

Back