Banned client has won voucher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
A client I had to 'sack' last year has won a voucher for my services from a raffle - I banned her as she was very abusive, bad mouthed me to everyone in the high street shop she works in (one of my regulars heard her) and her attitude generally stunk. She was abusive to me in front of my partner last time and he then out his foot down and said I should no longer treat her.

Now she's won a voucher - what would you do?

Oh I don't really know I don't know I still wouldn't want to treat her but I'm not sure how you can approach this one. I'll wait some better advice as it will be interesting to know in the future.

Do you think she'd have the balls to claim it? Tough one!

I'd honour the voucher but have your partner there as security, when she comes in or calls to arrange the treatment explain that you are honouring the voucher but if any of the behaviour that got her banned happens during this treatment then she will be asked to leave - even if it is mid treatment. Also maybe explain that her winning this voucher doesn't change your decision of her not receiving normal service. Good luck x

Personally I would say if she is banned, she is banned. Regardless of the voucher she is no longer welcome in the salon.

If she rings to book her appointment I would politely explain that she is banned and can not personally redeem the voucher but say that she is more than welcome to pass the voucher on to a friend or family for them to use.

But thats just my opinion :)

All competitions have t's and c's and certain exclusions; I’d say if she is banned from your business then she is excluded.

She is not going to turn into a regular, there is not benefit to you or your business if you treat her so I would just say sorry but due to previous behaviour I will not honour the win, then re draw and give it to someone who deserves it!

zoe you beat me to it! :p

I'm with Zoe - banned means banned - end of. She's free to pass the voucher along to someone else to use of course, but she will remain banned from your premises!

I agree I wouldn't treat her, but I would say she is welcome to pass on the voucher

Personally I agree with Zoe on this. If she's banned she's banned, from what you've said about her behaviour you shouldn't be subjected to that just because she's won a voucher. If she has the balls to call you explain that she may give the voucher to a friend or family member.
Rhiannon x

I agree with the above, if she is banned she is banned and this would therefore exclude her from using the voucher, as said you could suggest she gives (or sells) the voucher to someone else, or if you have products available, tell her she can exchange the voucher for products rather than a service. xx

I personally would contact the raffle organisers, explain she is banned and ask them to redraw the raffle. If she calls to book inform her she is still banned and the prize has been reallocated to someone else.

Difficult one, but banned really is banned. A pub would not serve a banned customer because they won a pint of free ale . . .

She has won the voucher, not the service. It's still valid, just not to her.

I'm wondering whether it would be appropriate to give her a goody bag or something instead? To about the same value? Just a thought.

Has she contacted you yet about it?

I personally would contact the raffle organisers, explain she is banned and ask them to redraw the raffle. If she calls to book inform her she is still banned and the prize has been reallocated to someone else.

Snap! Surely you have T&Cs for your vouches??

Just a thought though - any of her friends and family are possibly likely to be slightly unpleasant also - given she has probably badmouthed you to them, even more so since you refused to honour her treatment? I'm not defending her but just thinking if it were me I wouldn't want to treat her friends/family either. I'd probably provide something else equivalent to the voucher and claim they were in your t's & c's - some item that you retail or something.

That's just me

ouch a difficult one and call.
If you have banned her you have banned her ...so stick with it
HTH

In total agreement with the others, you shouldn't treat her if you have banned her. She was won the voucher, not paid for it, so no loss to her not having it. She would have some balls if she actually called to make an appointment anyway, so hopefully you won't have to worry about this situation in the first place. I like the idea of calling the raffle organisers and explaining the situation and having a re-draw. Otherwise, yes, she can just pass the voucher on to someone else. Good Luck with the conversation if it arises! :hug:

A client I had to 'sack' last year has won a voucher for my services from a raffle - I banned her as she was very abusive, bad mouthed me to everyone in the high street shop she works in (one of my regulars heard her) and her attitude generally stunk. She was abusive to me in front of my partner last time and he then out his foot down and said I should no longer treat her.

Now she's won a voucher - what would you do?

oh my word, this is a hard one but I think I couldnt face her, I dont think she has the front to phone and book in with you. I personally would refuse, tell her she breached your rules last time, you do not take abuse from anyone. I dont think she would have a leg to stand on if she took it any further. If it was a shop and they had a policy up saying, no abuse or you will be banned (different wording of course) then you are allowed to follow this rules, and ban anyone. As if she willl take it further, its in your interest and safety that you do not treat her. Good luck. Ax

I don't even see what there is to think about here, she's banned so why should she be entitled to what would basically be a free treatment? Defeats the object. I wouldn't even consider allowing her to redeem it, she sounds like a nasty person!

Everything happens for a reason ,
Play it out see if she books in,

if she dose be a pro treat her see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back