Barbados Holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie_stone

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking at booking a holiday to Barbados in March, as a surprise for my other halfs 30th. Does anyone have any recommendations? Hotels, areas etc. I was looking at the Bridgetown area, somewhere on the beach. Any help appreciated! x

i stayed at sugar cane hotel and spa with my bf in november.
it was gorgeous! its only a small hotel so you get to know everyone, great comments on trip advisor and the food and cocktails were sooo yummy.
plus you get a free glass bottom boat ride, free massage and get to swim with turtles :)

our travel agent put us on as honeymooners and we got given champagne and lovely body products.

arghhh i wanna go back now im thinking about it again, i dont think any other holiday will top it :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have lived in Barbados in the past and I go back every year. It is the best place in the world. I would recommend Mango Bay in St James, we always stay there and they are so friendly. If not this hotel, I would definitely advise you stay on the west coast, they have the best beaches. You must also eat at The Cliff, the best restaurant in the world. It is a bit pricey but the setting is second to none. Also eat at The Lone Star, you might spot a celeb there. Have a great time, you are going at the right time of the year.

Thankyou both for your replies, been really helpful, they both look fab!! X

I went in June, stayed at the Almond Casaurina just outside St Lawrence Gap. Trip Advisor reviews were dreadful but it was absolutely wonderful hotel. Yes it was a little tired in some places, but it was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed and I'd go back tomorrow if I got the chance.

If you get a chance, go on the Atlantis submarine and an evening catamaran cruise.

Barbados is amazing - I loved it, counting the pennies until I can go back again.

I have lived in Barbados in the past and I go back every year. It is the best place in the world. I would recommend Mango Bay in St James, we always stay there and they are so friendly. If not this hotel, I would definitely advise you stay on the west coast, they have the best beaches. You must also eat at The Cliff, the best restaurant in the world. It is a bit pricey but the setting is second to none. Also eat at The Lone Star, you might spot a celeb there. Have a great time, you are going at the right time of the year.

Totally agree with this advice about the west coast. The west coast is on the Caribbean side whereas the south coast is the Atlantic side so there's a massive difference. I've had a few holidays in Barbados (got married on the beach there too!) and I absolutely love it. St James is the best area without doubt - pricey though. Bridgetown is good for a day out, duty-free shopping or whatever, but I wouldn't want to stay there personally.

Barbados is one of the more expensive Caribbean islands to visit - have you considered any of the others? Antigua, Granada, Tobago, St Lucia - all fabulous but sometimes come in a bit cheaper. Also - pricewise, a lot will depend on whether you get a scheduled flight or a charter flight. Check whether the flight is direct as well - sometimes you will stop at one island to drop off half the passengers before continuing to the next one, which is worth bearing in mind, especially as its usually an 8 or 9 hour flight.

Latest posts

Back