Barber course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayzor

Reaction score
Hello all,

Apologies if i'm in the wrong place but I'm looking for some advice if possible please.

I have started studying barbering online but would like to take it further by taking a proper accredited course. Due to the current climate I can't gain an NVQ yet and I work full time so this will cause an issue. All the current part-time short courses are unavailable also, as salons are closed.

Does any one have any recommendations or any information, that would be brilliant please.

I did find this course, which is an IICT accredited course. Does anyone know if it's any good?

https://www.rapunzelhairacademy.co....s/Advanced-Online-Barbering-Courses-p69574211
Thank you for your time.

personally i would wait until you can attend a course in person. You need to have an expert beside you when learning practical elements, with the best will in the world online courses are not going to give you the skillls and confidence you need. Lots of colleges do fast track barber courses in the evenings or weekend so check them out.

personally i would wait until you can attend a course in person. You need to have an expert beside you when learning practical elements, with the best will in the world online courses are not going to give you the skillls and confidence you need. Lots of colleges do fast track barber courses in the evenings or weekend so check them out.

Thanks for your reply Hair Teacher!

Do you think I should do some online learning, even just basics and such, whilst we are still in lockdown for around another 6 weeks?

May be an idea as you are obviously very interested and keen! Please dont pay too much for this. There are lots of free, reliable sources of information on the internet but lots of poor quality stuff too! Google jisc hairdressing resources to start with.

May be an idea as you are obviously very interested and keen! Please dont pay too much for this. There are lots of free, reliable sources of information on the internet but lots of poor quality stuff too! Google jisc hairdressing resources to start with.

Thanks ever so much for your help! :)

Toni and guy offer a 12 week intensive trading course, so does London barber school. They seem fairly priced and give you recognised qualifications

Toni and guy offer a 12 week intensive trading course, so does London barber school. They seem fairly priced and give you recognised qualifications
Obviously not during lockdown forgot to add

I did find this course, which is an IICT accredited course. Does anyone know if it's any good?
Thank you for your time.

As others have said, save your money. The IICT is for complementary therapies and is not recognised within the Hair Profession.

If you’re looking at online study for now, the best option is probably the MHD website.
https://myhairdressers.com/

Thanks for your help Chriss87 :)

As others have said, save your money. The IICT is for complementary therapies and is not recognised within the Hair Profession.

If you’re looking at online study for now, the best option is probably the MHD website.
https://myhairdressers.com/

Thanks for your help! I'll take a look at that website! :D

Latest posts

Back