Barbering Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
:lol:My friend wants to get into hairdressing but only really wants to do barbering so that she can work in barbers as that it what she is interested in. I don't think she has any interest in working in a salon.

She has just always cut friends and family' s hair. Would she have to do the whole hairdressing nvq or are there specific courses where you can just do barbering with no previous hairdressing qualifications. I assume if so it would be a private/intensive kind of course or are there some colleges that do part time courses. She lives in East Anglian area, does anyone know of any where near there?
Thanx!

if she wants to just do mens cuts, which is what barbers do, then she would have to go to a school and do the hours. she cant legally charge for haircuts without it and you have to have a barbers license to work in a barbers shop. so sucks but yep she has to do school time.

:lol:My friend wants to get into hairdressing but only really wants to do barbering so that she can work in barbers as that it what she is interested in. I don't think she has any interest in working in a salon.

She has just always cut friends and family' s hair. Would she have to do the whole hairdressing nvq or are there specific courses where you can just do barbering with no previous hairdressing qualifications. I assume if so it would be a private/intensive kind of course or are there some colleges that do part time courses. She lives in East Anglian area, does anyone know of any where near there?
Thanx!

at my college and i presume its the same for others..the barbering is one year usually 3 days a week....i know the barbers at mine did tues thurs and friday...if i was her i would find the nearest college who offers hairdressing wont be to far away and ask about the barbering course......they will be enrolling about now .....she must know of a technical college near to where she lives...good luck

Latest posts

Back