Barbering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skrazeybaby

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Im hoping someone can help me!
I am currently studying a NVQ level 2 hairdressing.. I have been looking into doing barbering courses.
I know a really good barber who runs a very successful shop. He has offered to teach me his skills. I can go and work in his salon one day a week and he will teach me everything I need to know.
When I finish college I am looking to start my own mobile business. Just wondering if I just have an NVQ 2 in Hairdressing (then looking to do level 3) but no barbering qualifications... will I still be able to get the correct insurance which will cover me doing mens hair too? or do I need a barbering qualification to be able to do this?

If someone could please help me it would be very much appriciated.

Many thanks
:smack:

Hi there, I am currently doing the 2 units for barbering and as far as I am aware my current insurance covers all Hairdresing, with use of all tools etc.

Hello Everyone,

Im hoping someone can help me!
I am currently studying a NVQ level 2 hairdressing.. I have been looking into doing barbering courses.
I know a really good barber who runs a very successful shop. He has offered to teach me his skills. I can go and work in his salon one day a week and he will teach me everything I need to know.
When I finish college I am looking to start my own mobile business. Just wondering if I just have an NVQ 2 in Hairdressing (then looking to do level 3) but no barbering qualifications... will I still be able to get the correct insurance which will cover me doing mens hair too? or do I need a barbering qualification to be able to do this?

If someone could please help me it would be very much appriciated.

Many thanks
:smack:

Hi, I agree with whats been said also ,

but in some cases if you are going to use razors for wet shaves ect , you will need to check that your insurance covers you for this,

as using razors and wet shaving requires more underpinning knowledge about how to dispose of them correctly and how to use the cut throat razors correctly , how to sharpen them ect
without cross contamination ect

health and safety plays a big part in this unit , and you also have to cover contaminated sharps disposal too,

you may still get insurance cover if he trains you in all heath and saftey aspects regarding wet shaves ,

as Delia said though you would be covered for everything else within your Hairdressing qualification ,

just had to say what a fab oppurtunity to learn off a Skilled Barber on a one to one basis ,
Wow , you lucky thing :green:

:hug:

I am with salon gold but I do have to check with them whether I am covered for cut throats, I know I am for Clippers, feather razors and trimmers though.

Wow awesome!
Thanks so much for replying guys you've been a great help! :)

Latest posts

Back