Barbicide-disposal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack24

Reaction score
how do i dispose of the solution after use, thanks:o

Barbicide needs to be soaked up with tissue and placed in bin,not trown in the sink. It needs to be changed daily.That's what I do and this is how we did it in college

If it's well diluted, it can be poured down the sink. It does state this on the side of the barbicide bottle.

My Barbicide solution goes down the sink. It doesn't dissolve plastics or such-like. Camelia I think you're getting confused with acetone :)

My Barbicide solution goes down the sink. It doesn't dissolve plastics or such-like. Camelia I think you're getting confused with acetone :)
No,it's barbicide.Aparently is harmfull if it gets in the mains.If I'm wrong well then the whole lot of beauticians that teach at my local college are wrong.I'm just saying that this is the way that I've been thought and I use.You can pour it down the sink or toilet if you want,I can't stop you I can only tell you that is not the proper way to dispose of it.If I wouldn't know the difference between acetone and barbicide I think I should resign from my job.
I don't use bowls of acetone to soak enhancements off,i use the wrap method so I don't have to waste my acetone,protect the environment and not abuse my clients skin.

To be honest our course didn't even talk about how to handle Barbicide but since it's only a capful and mainly water - I can't see an issue with it going down a drain - if it was harmful we wouldn't be cleaning our tools with it? I know acetone can ruin drains

x

I was taught at college we can use it for a week and it can go down the sink.

To be honest our course didn't even talk about how to handle Barbicide but since it's only a capful and mainly water - I can't see an issue with it going down a drain - if it was harmful we wouldn't be cleaning our tools with it? I know acetone can ruin drains

x
After using barbicide on your metal tools you need to wipe them with surgical spirit,before you use them on your client

On my course we were not allowed to put baracide down the sink. We too had to soak it up with tissue and put it on bin. I think the said it could damage the pipes after long periods of being put down the sink x

No,it's barbicide.Aparently is harmfull if it gets in the mains.If I'm wrong well then the whole lot of beauticians that teach at my local college are wrong.I'm just saying that this is the way that I've been thought and I use.You can pour it down the sink or toilet if you want,I can't stop you I can only tell you that is not the proper way to dispose of it.If I wouldn't know the difference between acetone and barbicide I think I should resign from my job.
I don't use bowls of acetone to soak enhancements off,i use the wrap method so I don't have to waste my acetone,protect the environment and not abuse my clients skin.

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you. Was just trying to help. :hug:

Ive always put mines down the sink? I've never been told any different at college or by previous employers. I will have a look on the side of the bottle next time and see what it says.

brill thanks everyone for your help, new to this and was a bit worried as to what to do.:D

I think, from reading through this thread, is it quite obvious that some colleges have got it wrong. It clearly states on the side of the bottle and on the MSDS that well diluted Barbicide can be disposed of "in regular the sanitary system" i.e. down the sink or toilet. We all use it well diluted anyway, so tipping your used solution directly down the sink or toilet is what the manufacturers are telling you to do.

If you consider what else goes into the "regular sanitary system" human waste, cleaning products and chemicals etc. it is highly unlikely that a diluted sanitising product like Barbicide is going to cause any problems.

I think, from reading through this thread, is it quite obvious that some colleges have got it wrong. It clearly states on the side of the bottle and on the MSDS that well diluted Barbicide can be disposed of "in regular the sanitary system" i.e. down the sink or toilet. We all use it well diluted anyway, so tipping your used solution directly down the sink or toilet is what the manufacturers are telling you to do.

If you consider what else goes into the "regular sanitary system" human waste, cleaning products and chemicals etc. it is highly unlikely that a diluted sanitising product like Barbicide is going to cause any problems.
You are probably right,all these health and safety rules in UK are a bit exagerated.I use like half a bottle of bleach when I clean the toilet and no one died yet:D

Well I took a mouthful of mine (accidentally!!) and I'm fine. I think chucking a tiny bit down the sink is fine, long as it isn't continuous :) x

Mine goes down the sink I always worried about this so I just run the tap then pour it so it's diluted so much.

12 years in doing this daily and no problems with sink!

Well I took a mouthful of mine (accidentally!!) and I'm fine. I think chucking a tiny bit down the sink is fine, long as it isn't continuous :) x

Lol me too!

Latest posts

Back