Barbicide worries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekynat888

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a little home beauty room and use barbicide, am only the only person that gets completely paranoid when using it about it being an irritant and the danger if ingested. Probably doesn't help that I'm a hypercondriac (spelling!!) and worry about anything like that.

Please tell me I'm worrying unnecessarily!

Hi All,

I have a little home beauty room and use barbicide, am only the only person that gets completely paranoid when using it about it being an irritant and the danger if ingested. Probably doesn't help that I'm a hypercondriac (spelling!!) and worry about anything like that.

Please tell me I'm worrying unnecessarily!
It is an irritant. And it's a danger if it gets ingested, as long as your not planning on washing your hands in it or drinking it it'll be just fine, my nail lady just uses the amount she needs in a small pot and throws it away after she's finished so it's not lying around to get tipped over, what exactly are u worried will happen?

Im not entirely sure, I always imagine the worst! I had to wash my hands numerous times after using it and change my clothes and then shower, just incase. I worry I've spilt a little drop on the carpet and that I'll then touch that and then it'll irritate me. Or someone else. Like I said I'm a super worrier. I realise how stupid this all sounds to right! I've got loads better with the anxiety but I have my moments lol. Think tonight is one!

Im not entirely sure, I always imagine the worst! I had to wash my hands numerous times after using it and change my clothes and then shower, just incase. I worry I've spilt a little drop on the carpet and that I'll then touch that and then it'll irritate me. Or someone else. Like I said I'm a super worrier. I realise how stupid this all sounds to right! I've got loads better with the anxiety but I have my moments lol. Think tonight is one!
Oops :rolleyes: yes definitely sounds a bit anxiety led here lol, it's not that bad, if a tiny bit went on ur clothes I wouldn't worry at all, I certainly wouldn't change or shower! the only worry id have was it staining, it's not that much of an irritant mind, it's just if u put a big blob on ur hand and left it it would probably itch, and if u immerse your hands in it frequently like hairdressers do when retrieving the combs for example it can dry out your skin after a time, I highly doubt a bit that had gone on the carpet would transfer onto a person in a way to irritate them, no need to worry :)

Maybe you should consider changing to another brand of disinfectant? One that doesn't make you worry to this extent

Oops :rolleyes: yes definitely sounds a bit anxiety led here lol, it's not that bad, if a tiny bit went on ur clothes I wouldn't worry at all, I certainly wouldn't change or shower! the only worry id have was it staining, it's not that much of an irritant mind, it's just if u put a big blob on ur hand and left it it would probably itch, and if u immerse your hands in it frequently like hairdressers do when retrieving the combs for example it can dry out your skin after a time, I highly doubt a bit that had gone on the carpet would transfer onto a person in a way to irritate them, no need to worry :)

Thank you, that does really help!

Maybe you should consider changing to another brand of disinfectant? One that doesn't make you worry to this extent

I think I'm going to look into it all. There must be something out there that will worry me less!

I use Mundo File & Abrasive spray with no worries at all.

Why don't you keep it in your kitchen next to the sink? That's what I do so when I wash my tools I rinse and pop straight in the solution. Set timer for 10 mins, remove tools and you're done. It's not something you need to stress over and even if you changed brand you still need to be able to disinfect your tools with something.

if it makes you feel better i often spill a whole jar over myself like at least once a month, some of my regulars even move the jar out the way during the treatment because i've tipped it over so much in front of them :) LOL , I have no adverse effects :)

if it makes you feel better i often spill a whole jar over myself like at least once a month, some of my regulars even move the jar out the way during the treatment because i've tipped it over so much in front of them :) LOL , I have no adverse effects :)

Hahahaha definitely done this many times before! I think I set a record the other month and spilt it 4 times in one day... Oops!

I got it in my eye once, it did sting but I rinsed it and no harm was done!

I think you are worrying too much. It's probably not good to bath in it or used is as a hygiene foot soak ( lol! ) Neat bleach is prob a lot more harmfull to your hands and people use that every day!

Thanks I feel loads less worried after everyone's tails of spilling it lol

Latest posts

Back