Barbicide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hi there
Can anyone tell me do I have to replace my barbicide solution every day after use or will it be ok for a few days? does it depend on use? I have a disinfectant tray and I would like to be able to put my metal wax spatula in to disinfect it after client. wil it be ok to put the wooden handle of it in it? also do i wash with soapy water then immerse for 10 mins in the disinfectant tray? many thanks for your help

Hi there
Can anyone tell me do I have to replace my barbicide solution every day after use or will it be ok for a few days? does it depend on use? I have a disinfectant tray and I would like to be able to put my metal wax spatula in to disinfect it after client. wil it be ok to put the wooden handle of it in it? also do i wash with soapy water then immerse for 10 mins in the disinfectant tray? many thanks for your help

Barbicide must be changed daily. There's a solution that is called Mundo Power Plus and it only needs to be changed weekly (not unless that's changed, but that's the instructions I was given when it first came in the wholesales I use). Xx

I use Mundo products for all my sanitising stuff - tweezer jar, file spray, hand gel, surface cleaner.

Power Plus needs changing less frequently.

thanks for your replies. i had read on another thread while searching that mundo lasts for 5 days before needing to be changed. the directions on the barbicide bottle arent really that clear. its a pain that it is going to need chnaging every day, considering i may only do one client per day, so thats a change for every client. im glad i only bought a 475ml trial bottle, i think i wil be swapping to mundo. i noticed that ellisons sold their own make disinfectant, is it best to stick to the better known brands? or is disinfectant disinfectant?

I used to use barbicide and change it daily, but leave my tweezers and instruments in it all day and the stick them in the uv cab at night. However I recently thought I would give Mundo a try because it lasts for 5 days or until it looks like it needs changing, which ever comes 1st. But I notice it says leave tools for a max of 4 hours, which has thrown me !
What do other people do?
Love the Mundo hand sanitizer ..smells lovely :biggrin:

It needs to be changed daily xx

Barbicide MUST be changed DAILY.

If you want a solution that lasts up to a week, then look at either Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant (ready to use solution that requires no rinsing) or Mundo Power Plus Instrument & Tool Disinfectant (concentrated solution).

ALL Mundo solutions are modern formulations designed to meet the challenges of today's infections and diseases. They are also produced to a medical standard.

Dont realy see the problem with changing everyday. Its not very expencive. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I've been recently using mondo and forgot to remove my implements within 4 hours eek! And now a set of cuticle nippers are rusted and some of my reusable ice packs have disintegrated right through. Must be good stuff just takes a while after using barbicide to remember to remove them.

I've left tools in Mundo power plus overnight. Not on purpose just got in late and cleaned them then popped on tray and went to bed. They were fine no rust or anything. I got them from S2. However have a metal pusher provided with a home learn course and that did not fare so well :(
Vicki x

I've been recently using mondo and forgot to remove my implements within 4 hours eek! And now a set of cuticle nippers are rusted and some of my reusable ice packs have disintegrated right through. Must be good stuff just takes a while after using barbicide to remember to remove them.

You'll probably find that it's surface oxidation not rust. WD40 or baby oil should remove any marks. Old tools and inexpensive tools are more likely to oxidise than good quality ones.

Latest posts

Back