Base 2/3 high lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalienut

Reaction score
Hi
I'm considering using a high lift tint on a super dark brown (virgin) base. I haven't decided if I want a lighter brown or red yet.
My usual hairdresser (recently retired) suggested using 40 vol with a wella 12.0 but I don't know if that would work to make a light brown?
I've done my level 2 but we didn't do a great deal of colour theory, hence why I'm asking.
Thanks 😊

Hi
I'm considering using a high lift tint on a super dark brown (virgin) base. I haven't decided if I want a lighter brown or red yet.
My usual hairdresser (recently retired) suggested using 40 vol with a wella 12.0 but I don't know if that would work to make a light brown?
I've done my level 2 but we didn't do a great deal of colour theory, hence why I'm asking.
Thanks 😊
You can actually get Highlift brown tints which would do a much better job at giving you a controlled lift.

You can actually get Highlift brown tints which would do a much better job at giving you a controlled lift.
Thank you. I've been looking at them actually, I quite fancy a red from the loreal hicolor range but we don't seem to have that range here, it's all from American websites.

I say this because KP 12.0 has no tone in it at all. So you'll just get raw lift with this. You would safely achieve 4 levels of lift with 40vol.
If your hair is a level 3 and you get 4levels of lift that will expose a lot of warmth, you'll see a very orange result.
If your hair is a level 2 and you get 4 levels of lift you'll get a red orange result.
So you'd still have to deposit a brown shade over the tip with the correct tonal quality.

I say this because KP 12.0 has no tone in it at all. So you'll just get raw lift with this. You would safely achieve 4 levels of lift with 40vol.
If your hair is a level 3 and you get 4levels of lift that will expose a lot of warmth, you'll see a very orange result.
If your hair is a level 2 and you get 4 levels of lift you'll get a red orange result.
So you'd still have to deposit a brown shade over the tip with the correct tonal quality.
I think I'm closer to a 3, at the root anyway, my ends tend to lighten a little as they grow. I really liked a copper red shade in the high lift tints, I'm assuming then if it lifts orangey it will make the copper more intense?

You're right they are from the American line of L'Oréal. Check out schwarzkopf high power browns. Or Affinage infiniti B: brown

You're right they are from the American line of L'Oréal. Check out schwarzkopf high power browns. Or Affinage infiniti B: brown
Brilliant, thank you 😁

Thank you. I've been looking at them actually, I quite fancy a red from the loreal hicolor range but we don't seem to have that range here, it's all from American websites.

The hi.color range is basically Majicontrast in the uk.

Latest posts

Back