Base 2 to platinum in one sitting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaritySimone

Reaction score
Hey, so I have a client who has Asian naturally black hair. It is so fine and quite sparse around the front hairline but dense at the back.. She likes it to be platinum but insists on only coming every 16-20 weeks for maintenance. Her regrowth is huge and I have to do two applications. First for the mid-length and then for the actual regrowth (that's she's actually paying for). I use Olaplex too and end up out of pocket and stressed! After spending more than I should've, getting it to a base 9 and toning, she left so happy. She rang today to say she has now shampooed it and says it's too yellow and would like it re-done!! I could not have left it on any longer with out causing damage to her hair and scalp. I have told her that maintenance needs to be booked in every 6 weeks or I have to charge a lot more. As I'm writing this I realise that I should just charge more and stop whining!! Can you tell me how much you would charge for a two to three inch Asian black hair regrowth inc olaplex, toner, cut and blowdry please. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

How are you calculating your current fees?
How many hours are you working on her hair?

Start from the perspective of how much you want your hourly rate to be and take it from there. Don’t start from how much you think the client is willing to pay.

Hey, so I have a client who has Asian naturally black hair. It is so fine and quite sparse around the front hairline but dense at the back.. She likes it to be platinum but insists on only coming every 16-20 weeks for maintenance. Her regrowth is huge and I have to do two applications. First for the mid-length and then for the actual regrowth (that's she's actually paying for). I use Olaplex too and end up out of pocket and stressed! After spending more than I should've, getting it to a base 9 and toning, she left so happy. She rang today to say she has now shampooed it and says it's too yellow and would like it re-done!! I could not have left it on any longer with out causing damage to her hair and scalp. I have told her that maintenance needs to be booked in every 6 weeks or I have to charge a lot more. As I'm writing this I realise that I should just charge more and stop whining!! Can you tell me how much you would charge for a two to three inch Asian black hair regrowth inc olaplex, toner, cut and blowdry please. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
You need to take time to go through the appointment and take note of how much product you're using how much time you're spending doing the 2 root applications, then the time that you may not be earning anything (waiting between 1st and 2nd application) then the price of the toner then the cut and Blowdry. When you work it out and really think about it, you will see that it's really not worth your while doing this clients hair. Then what your next step should be, is what you're going to do about the situation, you can't keep going on like this as it's no good for your buisness. You will either need to have the dreaded conversation with said client and explain that when she leaves it so long in between appointments it's no longer considered a root application and it's more of a colour correction. From now on you will need to price the appointment accordingly.if she is not willing to pay more every 16-20 weeks then she has to commit to coming more often. If she does not commit to coming more often then you need to let her go as a client. At the end of the day you're running a buisness not a charity.

Latest posts

Back