Basic beauty no longer required?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashafierce

Reaction score
Hey all,

So iv been in the beauty industry for 17 years trained with hd, lvl, environ, Lycon, sienna x, massage, opi gel, pedicures.

I AM REALLY STRUGGLING

I find clients are not wanting these things anymore :
My HD clients are all converted to microblading
My gel ladies - everyone does it now so if they are not doing it their self they are going to their best friend.

Environ is amazing but they can go and have fillers or cosmetic procedures that are costing less money for faster results.

I'm just really struggling at the moment - any ideas to get me out my rut???

Hey all,

So iv been in the beauty industry for 17 years trained with hd, lvl, environ, Lycon, sienna x, massage, opi gel, pedicures.

I AM REALLY STRUGGLING

I find clients are not wanting these things anymore :
My HD clients are all converted to microblading
My gel ladies - everyone does it now so if they are not doing it their self they are going to their best friend.

Environ is amazing but they can go and have fillers or cosmetic procedures that are costing less money for faster results.

I'm just really struggling at the moment - any ideas to get me out my rut???

microblading is irking me a bit too. Some of my really really natural ladies that barely like a hair removed are turning up with thick sharpie brows tattooed on. Some come to me because they know I’m good at styling and then go straight to a microblader to have my style tattooed on. Moaning that I’m £25 whole pounds and expensive then spending £200-500 on tattooing their face. They don’t realise that their hair still grows and come back to me needing their brows waxed every 4 weeks still, usually begrudgingly that they are still spending money. I had it done myself when I was a teen and although I loved them at the time, the lady tripped and almost poked my eye out, instead stabbing me above my eyebrow. The whole thing was gone eventually as I didn’t want to redo but I still have a line above it.

I think it’s a wonderful treatment for those that really need it, but so many natural ladies are doing it by without full knowledge about it because it’s new and shiny and I’m picking up the pieces.

Just bear in mind that HD brows was always a trend. It probably brought you in a ton of clients that wanted it because it was new and shiny. They will always want the newest shiniest thing. The ones that are still there still need you.

As for needing something fresh - a new product to add would be exciting when you write about it on your website. You don’t need a whole new treatment. The main stay beauty is always here like waxing and skincare and massage, it’s the trending ones that are hyped up and then start losing interest.

The gel ladies, are no different to ladies that get a shape and polish - they still want it to look good. We all know when we do our own nails they are never as nice as if someone else did them. Your clients are out there so it’s more a case of marketing. Wear them yourself too! When they see how good your work is they won’t want to pick up a crappy diy gel kit anymore. Just like I have an acrylic kit - I’m shit at it and not trained in it but sometimes I need to stop myself biting. They look nice but nowhere as nice as a pro job. I have terrible aches and pains so all my money gets spent on massages - but for a special occasion I always go for a professional acrylic job.

I also find that a lot of clients don’t have a clue what a Sienna X is. Try changing everything to the actual treatment name. Just Spray Tan. It’s your skill that is your fresh exciting thing - not that brand name

Pedicures are a good treatment that stands the test of time with the changing trends. If you can pamper older clients that can't get down to their feet all that well or their eyesight is not so good you will have returning clients.
It does not have to include polish, just a good pamper, hard skin removal and neat cutting and cuticle work . Plenty of time left for a good massage if they aren't having polish.
My 85 year old clients also have eyebrows done and normal manicures with the occasional back massage. These are traditional old faithfuls , so perhaps go and meet the local women's institute group and create a special foot treatment all of your own. Give them a special rate , recommend a friend and receive money off their next treatment.
My pedicure clients come around every 6 weeks , so it's good for me.
Good luck and hope you work something out.
RosieR

I do alot of pedicures, hot stone massages, callus peels and lash lifts, I recently trained in Dermaplaning and it's by far the most popular treatment I offer, I team it up with peels and people are coming back for more, as it's obvious you've had something done to the skin as it lools so fresh, I get alot of bookings through reccomendations.

I recommend you consider training in Intimate waxing!
There are geeks on here that trained under Kim Lawless who now only offer waxing and they’re pretty much fully booked all year round as it’s something that clients will continue to book during the normally quieter winter months.
The investment in products and equipment is minimal compared to having to stock the latest fashion colours in Nails but definitely invest in high quality training with a reputable trainer.

I recommend you consider training in Intimate waxing!
There are geeks on here that trained under Kim Lawless who now only offer waxing and they’re pretty much fully booked all year round as it’s something that clients will continue to book during the normally quieter winter months.
The investment in products and equipment is minimal compared to having to stock the latest fashion colours in Nails but definitely invest in high quality training with a reputable trainer.
Hey,

I do offer lycon waxing but so many of my clients now have lazor treatments so I feel that also has lost trade.

I feel i stick to brilliant brands such as:
Environ
Jane iredale
Advanced nutrition
Lycon
Hd brows
Nouveau
Sienna x
Opi
Bio sculpture

But then clients can have the same thing done for cheaper doors down ( I dont understand how these girls do it they are qualified in the same treatments but offer it so cheap and then it makes my salon look bad like I'm ripping people off)

Xx

hi,
I also trained in environ and was offering environ facials with the machine, and could have been much better, but I learned the lesson. I saw your post and yes you do offer great brands, but I believe is very much down to how you promote yourself out there. And yes, like you I didn't offer waxing, and this is a must.
Just believe in yourself and your talent, everyone is unique in the way they work.

Latest posts

Back