Basic Wella colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-2012

Reaction score
Hey,

I'd really appreciate some help. Basically I am a hairdresser but I've recently taken some time out the industry and mainly only do cutting. My client has asked me to colour her hair.

She is base 6 with gold tones, she has a few grey hairs so wants me to cover these whilst keeping to her natural colour. My question is, if I put 6/3 on it would it add more gold or would it come out the same as her natural colour? Or should I just use a 6/0?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Pleeeease anyone!?

I guess it depends on how gold you want it to be if you want it a little more neutral add 6/0 with the 6/3

Why not take a few tiny test cuttings when doing a patch test and see how it takes?

I guess it depends on how gold you want it to be if you want it a little more neutral add 6/0 with the 6/3

Or you could use 6/03, if that is a colour! I've been away from a full stock for so long hahah!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all your replies. I was thinking of adding 6/0 with 6/3 I'm just scared it'll come out too gold as there are already gold tones in the hair. I don't want to counteract the gold as I want it to look as much like her natural as possible but then again I don't want too much gold either. Aaahhh!!!

I would just go with 6/0 + 6%

If it's just a small percentage could you cover/blend them with a demi/colour touch?

I'm having the same problem as u atm, I have been out of colourin for some time too. I was thinkin of usin 6/1 with 6% it will neutralise the gold tones and make it more ashy. Let me know what u guys think of using this?

I'm having the same problem as u atm, I have been out of colourin for some time too. I was thinkin of usin 6/1 with 6% it will neutralise the gold tones and make it more ashy. Let me know what u guys think of using this?
.1 should counteract the orange, not the gold. I would go more with a .12 or .2 if the undertone is really yellowish. (I read gold as yellow, if it's more on the orange side than .1 is perfect!)
I personally HATE the natural undertone, as to me it always always fade to a brassy color. If not asked from the client (like if they want a warm reddish color) then I always smise ash tones. It fades much more beautiful!

.1 should counteract the orange, not the gold. I would go more with a .12 or .2 if the undertone is really yellowish. (I read gold as yellow, if it's more on the orange side than .1 is perfect!)
I personally HATE the natural undertone, as to me it always always fade to a brassy color. If not asked from the client (like if they want a warm reddish color) then I always smise ash tones. It fades much more beautiful!

Ash wont neutralise anything.

If it's orange you need to use 8 to neutralise

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 64

Poster uses wella not loreal

Hey,

I'd really appreciate some help. Basically I am a hairdresser but I've recently taken some time out the industry and mainly only do cutting. My client has asked me to colour her hair.

She is base 6 with gold tones, she has a few grey hairs so wants me to cover these whilst keeping to her natural colour. My question is, if I put 6/3 on it would it add more gold or would it come out the same as her natural colour? Or should I just use a 6/0?

Thanks in advance guys :)
you may want to think about what developer you are going to use. Many times the unwanted "warmth" comes from putting to high of a developer than necessary. I would keep it simple and go with color touch if possible. The 6/0 and pull a few small pieces through to blend and add some dimension.

I am pretty sure also wella has a blue based ash color :)

Yeah its /8 and its blue not blue ash.

You recommended .1 to a hairdresser with little knowledge of colour and would take that quite seriously without converting it to wella. So they would use the incorrect colour.

Nothing against you but on this forum you have to be really specific and precise as we can't see the head ourselves and newbies can take things quite seriously.

Yeah its /8 and its blue not blue ash.

You recommended .1 to a hairdresser with little knowledge of colour and would take that quite seriously without converting it to wella. So they would use the incorrect colour.

Nothing against you but on this forum you have to be really specific and precise as we can't see the head ourselves and newbies can take things quite seriously.
You are absolutely right! I will specify better :)

Half 6N+half 6G...the G may be to much lacking the balance of ryb pigments the N will provide and the N alone will be missing the extra G the G will provide.The grey hairs are actually white and lacking all pigments so you must replace all pigments you see in her hair.

Latest posts

Back