BB creams.... who's using?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetyrex

Reaction score
So whos using or tried theses bb creams that evryones raving about?
I'd love to try but not sure which one to go with first!!
:lol:

I tried the gairner one, loved it but had to stop as it gave me acne ! Much too rich for my skin,which is dry ! HTH

i tried garnier and didnt like it, i got the 17 one from boots free with a purchase so i have been using it but i'm not really a fan, i think bb cream just isnt for me, i find they all have the same texture, they dont go on smoothly, it kind of feels like i'm dragging my skin. I won't be buying again, but i'm sure other people will disagree, maybe its just my sun damaged leathery skin :lol: my mum loves the garnier one though!

Sorry what is bb cream? I may be being a bit thick here but is it a new product? :eek:

I use the No 7 one, which comes dry/normal or normal/greasy skin types. I like it for a quick everyday makeup. I wouldn't use it for a night out or occasion though.

I have tried the garnier one, and liked that one too.

Sorry what is bb cream? I may be being a bit thick here but is it a new product? :eek:

Your not alone, I have no idea either lol x

Some interesting advice on BB creams on this thread on MSE... BB creams - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

BB stands for Blemish Balms they are apparently an all in one kind of foundation, moisturiser, primer and some have SPF.

According to the above thread the Western BBs are no where near as good as the original Korean versions. I have ordered a couple of Holika Holika ones from Korea to try as I hated the Garnier one so will let you know if they are any good!

I use garnier everyday and finish it off with some illuminating powder! i love it because I can use it when ive got a tan on or not! but with foundations you have to buy a new colour!

I tried the gairner one, loved it but had to stop as it gave me acne ! Much too rich for my skin,which is dry ! HTH

You found it to rich for dry skin and then got acne, how long did you use it for ? What moisturiser do you currently use if you don't mind me asking ?

I have tried a sample of the garnier BB cream as I was curious to see the results as I haven't used an OTC moisturiser for over 10 years and although I didn't get any breakouts I wouldn't say I agree with any of the other claims it made ? It seemed to me that it is just a tinted moisturiser for oily/combination skin ?

If I'm honest, they're no more than a tinted moisturiser as far as I can see so just another thing to get us spending money we don't need to.... like we need any encouragement! :wink2:

You found it to rich for dry skin and then got acne, how long did you use it for ? What moisturiser do you currently use if you don't mind me asking ?

I used it daily for approx month and a half, and was using Dermolgicia Active Moist/barrier repair at the time (since switched to ET). TBH it's hard to pinpoint what caused my breakout (diet/stress/weather etc), but a month of anti-b and I switched back to bare minerals and it cleared. Tried it once more and had a spot appear so it would appear to just not agree with me! Funny though, I bought it after trying a sample which I thought was great!! Lol

I use the garnier one & love it! Best I've used & I don't need to use concealer with it! :)

Great feedback guys! No they are not a professional product (as far as I know) just wondered what the thoughts were in them. As someone mentioned pretty much a tinted moisturiser!
I was chatting a girl on a night out and she said she was wearing a bb cream and her skin was just flawless but for the life of me I can't remember what she said! Maybe she just naturally blessed with good skin!

I like BB cream (I use No 7) - just for a light day look, it didnt drag on my skin but doesn't give as much long lasting coverage as foundation would (not that I would expect it to anyway!) I use Estee Lauder Double Wear on nights out and when I'm in the salon, and BB on days at home. I think my skin looks better after I've taken the BB cream off - maybe thats just me though!

Latest posts

Back