be a nail tech in no time with Ebay lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnie

Reaction score
Hiya
Thought I would share this with you I have included a link .........I thought dam lol I did not know it only took a few weeks lol
[/url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3624459632&category=11870
Take care Dawnie

Well girls,
What ever next I ask cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3624459632&category=11870 myself......................

So where is the health and saftey education and how about insurance afterwards, contra-indications..................
No mention of that is there................

This is the sort of thing, that we come up against and then the poor girl who buys it, thinks she is a fully qualified Technician..............
Oh well there is one born every minute........suckers.........

Makes me mad
love Ruth xxxxxx need a large Voddy and orange now

LMAO thas the gel nail kit from Argos, I swear it is!!!! ROTF :rofl:

I just hope to Meep that nobody buys that!!! Some people havent a clue what they're talking about...and some people are jus money grabbing fools :hit: GRRRR :evil:

xxlaylaxx

I e-mailed the seller to see if this will give me a qualification to get insurance duh LOL.

I will keep you posted.

I am sure there are rules on e-bay about what you can and cannot claim as being true.

There was someone else a while back selling courses for tail techs and I think she was reported and the auction closed.

Sick making.
It looks like the set my client bought from QVC for £50.
She thought she didnt need me anymore and decided to do her nails for herself. As I made it look so easy she decided she would save a few bucks. :D

She was back after a few weeks. It wasn't easy after all :oops:

Bless her.

i just had to have a nosy at the ebay thing . i especially liked the 'people are falling for some scams daily' bit thats just soo cheeky ,i cant believe anyone would have the bottle to put that on ebay giving that description i think there will be a lot of people with poorly fingers if they buy it, coz it definatley aint just easy to do .

It is definitely a pet peeve of mine (and I'm sure of many of my fellow professionals) when others have so little respect for the skill and the knowledge involved in doing what we do well. I wonder why they think it is all so easy??

Could it be that they think we stick plastic nails on like you can buy at the chemist/drugstore? Most of us tried that before the age of 14!!

Or are there just a bunch of greedy ba----ds out there who just see $$$$ and want to cash in on what they think is a trend? Some trend ... it has lasted more than 25 years and has grown every year!!

Look at some of the corporations who have got involved like Phillips and Beneton to name 2. These people don't put their money into something unless they see big bucks. Trouble is they all want it tomorrow ... don't believe in education (they want to have girls trained in 2-3 days and then churning out nails in the salon as soon as the course has ended ... BELIEVE me I know all about this one. NONE of them has succeeded because they are all want short term gain and their heart is not in it. No matter what advice you give the suits, they know better ... well some of them know differently now and it has cost them their shirt!! Cor!!! It takes longer to train to work at Starbucks!!

:goal: Well put Geeg could'nt agree with you more :salute:

Just read the ad on ebay and its awful. :shock: Bet its just the Argos kit with a few pages of cr*p about setting up a business that someone has printed out off their PC. :x Instant ££££ for the seller - just hope nobody buys it.

I had a peek at the Ebay thing too - looks like he/she is selling four altogether, but if you look at their other auctions they are selling similar things - just adding the same old Business Plan to them all. I've put all the nail tech ones on my 'watch list' and am considering sending a message to any bidders to let them know they are wasting their money and why.

Jackie

It looks exactly like the Rio kit from Argos which retailed at £49.99, so whatever paperwork has been added is worth the same again, I think not......how on earth do they get away with it??????

MY freind HAS BROUGHT THE ARGOS GEL KIT AND TRIED IT THEY LOOKED GREAT WHEN SHE HAD FINISHED BUT didnt LAST VERY LONG THIS HAS PUT US BOTH OFF USING GEL BUT WASNT IT JUST BECAUSE THE ARGOS KIT IS NOT AS GOOD THEN. SHE HAS NOW BROUGHT millenium GEL AS WELL TO USE UNDER THE RIO LAMP.HAS SHE WASTED HER MONEY?WE THOUGHT IT WAS A WAY OF GETTING A CHEAPER LAMP.

Hi Georgie,
Depends on what wattage Millenium needs to cure. I have heard that the Rio lamps are only 11 watts and that replacement bulbs are hard to come by.
I bought a 6 watt lamp a while back (in my naivety) from a certain 'training school' it kills me to leave them nameless - its still in the box!!.
I now use a 36 watt lamp. To use coloured/white gel I still have to cure for 3 minutes - even with 36 watts.

I have to say that my lamp is only a 9watt but I`ve never had any trouble with it at all. It cures all the different gels I have tried (and I`ve tried a few)
The Rio lamp has no reflection so the nails have to be perfectly straight for the product to cure. I did have a look at this lamp for the same reason (it was cheap) but it didn`t cure anything so I took it back and will only buy professional now, although I was also curious to see how easy it was for people to think they were nail technicians once owning it and following the instructions

thank you have answered our question for us the problem was it was not curing evenly so this would be because it has no reflection maybe she can take it back and i now know not to buy one . thanks for the advice sometimes you don't ask enough questions before buying because you don't want to appear thick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back