Bead placement, LA weave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allie21

Reaction score
I’m practicing my LA weave on dolly and was just wondering if anyone could tell me if my bead placemat is correct?

Attachments

• 8D0FC28B-2E4A-4350-A7B0-C8AC365C446E.jpeg
    8D0FC28B-2E4A-4350-A7B0-C8AC365C446E.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 45
The beads themselves are fine, thats as good and flat as you'll get them on a doll.

However I find doing horizontal sections silly because you end up with a teeny tiny little pointless 4 inch row at the nap of the neck.

In my opinion its much better to do a curved horseshoe type section that goes from above the ear down to the nape then to the other ear. This is easier for clients to style as well and because of the placement of the weft the hair flows more naturally towards the face rather than straight down.

Thanks, great to know my bead placement is good.

That’s also interesting to know about the horseshoe, do you do the horseshoe for all the rows, or just the nape of the neck and how many rows do you do?

Also I've run out of all the beads I got in my training, what size beads do you recommend to use and where do you buy your's from?

Last edited:
Thanks, great to know my bead placement is good.

That’s also interesting to know about the horseshoe, do you do the horseshoe for all the rows, or just the nape of the neck and how many rows do you do?

Also I've run out of all the beads I got in my training, what size beads do you recommend to use and where do you buy your's from?
Yes I do a horseshoe for all of the rows usually. How many rows depends on the clients own hair thickness and the amount of hair being added.

I've never really used anything special in terms of beads, just the regular silicone lined ones you get from pretty much any supplier and I've never had an issue.

I don’t really find any difference in beads from suppliers to the ones off eBay. As long as they are silicone lined xx

Latest posts

Back