beat pre wax pain killer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know anywhere around leeds that you can get the no scream cream from as I dont want to pay the same amount for postage as it is for product..

Anybody know anywhere around leeds that you can get the no scream cream from as I dont want to pay the same amount for postage as it is for product..
You wont have to pay any postage if you pop into your local chemist and buy Emla cream which is a proven numbing cream.I have clients who have used this and it really WORKS and costs very little,under a fiver if I remember...bargain.:green:HTH

You wont have to pay any postage if you pop into your local chemist and buy Emla cream which is a proven numbing cream.I have clients who have used this and it really WORKS and costs very little,under a fiver if I remember...bargain.:green:HTH

Ah-ha! I knew this was something you mentioned a while ago Babs, but I couldn't remember for the life of me what it was called, so thank you for the reminder!

I got a letter today from a wholesale company in Belfast called One Stop Distribution (www.onestopdistribution.com) who also sell the No-Scream Cream. Minimum order is 12 and it works out at half the retail price (plus VAT). No idea what it's like as I've not tried it myself, but there we go :D

Ah-ha! I knew this was something you mentioned a while ago Babs, but I couldn't remember for the life of me what it was called, so thank you for the reminder!

I got a letter today from a wholesale company in Belfast called One Stop Distribution (One Stop Distribution) who also sell the No-Scream Cream. Minimum order is 12 and it works out at half the retail price (plus VAT). No idea what it's like as I've not tried it myself, but there we go :D
I use Emla when doing permanent make up but it takes 30-40 mins to work. Also, don't want to worry anyone but a lady in the US died from applying too much. Silly mare put the whole tube on.

Last edited:
just to say I use the no scream cream myself ( not a professional as a client) and it really does work, makes the ordeal quite relaxing!

in ellisons they sell a desensitising spray to sort of numb the area , think its only a few quid , its in the wax master section, i havent used it so cant comment if it works but it might be worth a try :green:

How do you use it? just apply it and get dressed again and get waxed? How big is the tube? cant see much info on the site.

The tube is 1 ounze, and my beautician said it should last me 6 months, and I didn't believe her at the time, but it has last me 4 so far and I'm only about half way through the tube, so a little goes a long way. I put it on about 30 minutes before I get waxed underarm, legs and hollywood. The cream doesn't smell in the slightest either. The website written onthe tube is Deborah's Esthetics if that helps....

The tube is 1 ounze, and my beautician said it should last me 6 months, and I didn't believe her at the time, but it has last me 4 so far and I'm only about half way through the tube, so a little goes a long way. I put it on about 30 minutes before I get waxed underarm, legs and hollywood. The cream doesn't smell in the slightest either. The website written onthe tube is Deborah's Esthetics if that helps....

Fantastic, thanks!

OK, i bought some no scream cream, a tube for me and some to retail. I tried it with zero effect. Nada! So ive emailed the company i bought it from to see if they can shed some light.

I tried it on eye brows and bikini. I first rubbed some in, checking every ten minutes by plucking a hair out, until i got to 40 mins, nothing. i then applied a layer and let it soak in, still checking every ten mins, and still nothing.

Im now sitting with a patch of no scream cream on my leg, lol. Its been on ten mins so far, i hall keep you posted!

I dunno if it has anything to do with the fact i have a high tolerance to anasthetic, i usually have to have double what 'normal' people have. lol.

any help would be appreciated from people that use it!!

xx

I've tried a few products in the past... have yet to find one (besides the emla cream) that actually does anything. I find that it really is a pschological thing... the clients thinks that what you applied on them will help with the pain, so they relax, which really helps in the pain department. You could have a tube labelled "no scream cream", but have preporation h in it and they would probably swear that the waxing was less painful.... lol

lol, im interested in this emla cream?

does it not affect the skin in terms of sensitivity or anything?

**Also you could check to see if the client is menstruating or due, as the skin is more sensitive during these times. Ensure that the skin is as taught as possible when removing the wax, if possible get the client to be involved by helping supporting the area as they do when waxing underarms as the pain seems less when they are helping... i suppose it like how removing plasters yourself is less painful when you do it yourself.. must take the mind off it lol:hug:

lol, im interested in this emla cream?

does it not affect the skin in terms of sensitivity or anything?

Yes.... it can make the client extremely heat sensitive.... so be careful.

Hiya

Clients can get a topical numbing cream from GP, they need to apply themselves as you will not be licenced to apply to client(Emla) if you work with a permannent cosmetic consultant they have a sim product that can be used(always test patch any topical creams for reaction 24to48 prior to treatment)
If you cover the creamed area with cling film and leave for 30-45mins(Emla cream will stop numbing if it dries out) keep it moist.

these products are often used in laser treatments to numb pain

other than that try the pet shop(my rabbit chews on a bit of old apple tree) client can put between teeth to bite onto. ONLY JOKING ON THIS ONE:smack:

Love Jenx

I don't see it working as it needs to be applied 30 mins before so that would mean them applying it at home and then it would just rub off on their clothes. Also, applying too much of say Emla, could be very dangerous.

Hiya

It Depends on the area you are treating, what volume you use. your client can only get this from a GP, Gp will advise client on the best source of pain killer suitable for the treatment required.
I have used Emla cream for facial and under arms, client applied it to herself under GP's instruction, this was for laser treatment and client was extra sensative.

I have a GP referal form that i fill in with my concerns explaining what treatment they are hoping to have, then it's upto the GP to sign form and return or advise. This way your client has an alternative solution.

Salon staff will not be responsible for applying this cream, it will be in the hands of the client.

1. Ask client to apply topical before they come for treatment, allowing time to numb then wash off before they attend salon.
2. Charge client for a double session for the time spent in the treatment room.

it all depends on the client and how much pain they can take and what GP advise they can take.

If waxing means that much pain, i would advise you send them for a consultation for hair reduction IPL Intense Pulse Light.

Good luck in all you do
Love Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

right then, Im sitting here with emla cream smeared over my tender parts, its beenon 20 minutes, it hasnt dried out, and i still have 100% feeling.

Could it be because i a high tolerance to anesthetics? i usually have to have 2 - 3 times as much injected.

Hello,
You might find trouble with the Emla if you are not using an occlusive dressing (or cling wrap) to cover it while it is trying to seep into the skin.
Here is the emla web site Emla.
there is a step by step with pics on how to apply it and some other info realted to the beuty industry.

i've used lidocaine spray before now which works really well, chirpodists use it to numb the skin when cutting off verruccas and bunions. I never adminster any advice though on pain relief because you are open to being sued if you recommend Ibruprofen and something happens to your client. I do advise them not to drink alcohol though as most clients think it numbs them when it can actually make them more sensitive.

Kate

What an excellent retail opportunity. I like the look of that "no scream cream".

I have had a waxing trainer recommend to me that i take two painkillers about half an hour before with a fizzy drink to increase the rate that the body metabolises the painkiller. I don't like to recommend this to clients directly just incase they can't take painkillers, but i have made reference to me doing this to help with pain. I have found it to be very effective.

Ah-ha! I will try this on saturday! Lx

Latest posts

Back