beat pre wax pain killer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi all
Ive got a gent who likes a lot of waxing as he/ she is a tranny, ive only waxed his/ her eyebrows and he wants a lot more waxing when he/ she comes out.
I havnt waxed his body before tho he told me it hurts him!
can any of you recomended a pre wax pain killer?
cheers
Carrie xx

I have heard of people taking 2 painkillers half an hour before treatments.Also heard of peeps applying bongella to areas like e/brows but that was more for plucking as it kind of numbs the area.hth:)

Valium!!:eek:

((helps me.. 5 milligram and im falling asleep during it!))

Valium!!:eek:

((helps me.. 5 milligram and im falling asleep during it!))

Just remember my girl uses a numbing spray.. as im not a waxer i have no idea what its called but i probably works.. no idea really if it does or not as im rather relaxed as it is! :green:

there's a new gel out from the states, sorry I don't have the details or name or anything. Perhaps google it. A UK company rang me up asking if I wanted to buy some. You apply it 30 mins before the wax and it is supposed to numb the area and help relieve pain.

There is a new cream out called "no scream cream" it has a local anaesthetic in it I think. I have seen it on a website somewhere but can't remember but I do know that the OSNS in Manchester will be stocking it soon. Link: No Scream Cream

What an excellent retail opportunity. I like the look of that "no scream cream".

I have had a waxing trainer recommend to me that i take two painkillers about half an hour before with a fizzy drink to increase the rate that the body metabolises the painkiller. I don't like to recommend this to clients directly just incase they can't take painkillers, but i have made reference to me doing this to help with pain. I have found it to be very effective.

I am no expert with regards to what is best for waxing, but as a former Boots Pharmacy Assistant if we're talking over the counter painkillers I would recommend an Ibuprofen based product rather than paracetamol based. Both ease pain, but Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory (what is called an NSAID - Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug) whereas paracetamol is not. Of course, you have to be careful in making any recommendation because certain people cannot take certain drugs, contraindications etc, so he must take pharmacy/doctor advice. HTH :)

Thanks for all you advice geeks
Carrie xxxxx

We stock no scream cream and it retails really well. We tried it out ourselves and it does work! It's availble from Smilegems. HTH :hug:

I got a flyer yesterday on the 'no scream cream' it looks good, but I need a sample of it to try to prove it works.

It would be good for electrolysis too (upper lip)

in ellisons they sell a desensitising spray to sort of numb the area , think its only a few quid , its in the wax master section, i havent used it so cant comment if it works but it might be worth a try :green:

I like the sound of the 'No Scream Cream' but the link doesn't work and I can't find anything having tried a Google search.

Does anyone have another link to where we can buy it?

You can go to any chemist and buy Emla cream which is a numbing cream,it's only about £3.00 and it's the same cream hospitals use for children,prior to injections called 'magic cream'I would guess that this 'no scream cream',is pretty much the same product.

I recommend this cream to my ladies who have upper lip waxing and find it a little too much to bare,it works a treat,you pop it on about an hour before your electrolysis or waxing and away you go.

I would say that it's doubly important that waxers check their temperature of their wax throughout their treatment due to the fact that their clients will not have the same reaction/sensation to too hot wax.HTH

Hi all
can any of you recomended a pre wax pain killer?

Couture Beauty will be selling NO SCREAM CREAM as from the middle of this month, this is a cream the client applies about 30 mins before being waxed and the waxing is almost pain free!
It will be available on our website and also form the one stop nail shops in Manchester and Milton Keynes

Couture Beauty will be selling NO SCREAM CREAM as from the middle of this month, this is a cream the client applies about 30 mins before being waxed and the waxing is almost pain free!
It will be available on our website and also form the one stop nail shops in Manchester and Milton Keynes

Excellent - I'll be checking that out. :)

Hi Everyone,

Just coming back to this, how are people finding the No Scream Cream and can anybody recommend a distributor? I've been trying to find somewhere to purchase it to sell to my clients but places listed on here don't seem to have it available...

Many thanks all!

Hi Everyone,

Just coming back to this, how are people finding the No Scream Cream and can anybody recommend a distributor? I've been trying to find somewhere to purchase it to sell to my clients but places listed on here don't seem to have it available...

Many thanks all!
Couture Professional Beauty are selling the cream, it will be on our website from tomorrow, its available in the Creative Nail Academy shops in Manchester and Milton Keynes too.

Couture Professional Beauty are selling the cream, it will be on our website from tomorrow, its available in the Creative Nail Academy shops in Manchester and Milton Keynes too.
OMG another product to look at when im in Milton keynes tomorrow...:green::eek:

Latest posts

Back