Beaulaz beauty training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazbaby

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to ask if anyone had trained with Beaulaz. I've done many searches and cannot find any reviews on their training.
I am looking to train up in Beauty Therapy NVQ 2 and 3.
Any advice is very much appreciated!

Shaz x

No Ive not heard of them sorry. But why dont you go to college ?

Hi lofty,
Thanks for the reply. I cant fit college around my 2 children as its just us and I dont have anyone nearby to take them for a few hours so I could go to college.
Beaulaz was offering training which seemed to fit around my family and they have a really good payment plan, so I was thinking of training with them.
As I cant find any reviews I was a bit apprehensive about going with them!

Hello...

Having been stung myself with training, I would definitely go with a company that has been recommended, preferably a well known brand. Not saying that they are any better but they do tend to have better complaints policy and re training etc should it not be up to scratch!

I know good deals and payment plans can seem attractive but in the long run a decent training course will be far more beneficial.

A few things to check out with this company...

Who are they insured with and who can you then gain insurance with
Do they provide equipment with their training or do you have to bring your own (compulsory purchases are something to be weary of)
Do they have any local reputation, have other therapists heard of them

Hope that helps, and as I said they may be a brilliant company, just sharing my experience!

Hi Rebecca,
You are so right! Thankyou for your advice. As i'm new to all this I didn't think of some of the stuff you've mentioned.
I checked these things this morning and it appears they are VTCT registered and they provide all kits so thats all good. I've made an appt to go visit them and I will double check what they're about before signing up to anything.
Do you mind me asking about your bad experience?
Shaz x

Of course...it's really embarrassing now, looking back I can't believe how naive I was!

The company had a fairly decent webpage, they had a Facebook/twitter presence but still seemed fairly new which is apparently why they had 25% off all courses. The courses were all fairly highly priced in comparison to other local trainers so it seemed like such a good deal with the 25% off - I though well they have to be higher priced for a reason, they are obviously good quality.

The morning of my course I just so happened to check my emails and had an email from the trainer saying her printer was broken and could I print the manual she sent and bring it along with me. Alarm Bella started to ring but as I had paid over £600 I didn't want to feel a fool and so convinced myself that it would all be ok and really printers were easily broken (how naive!) I turned up and it was just in her house, no seperate room, just at her kitchen table with pets/kids/friends running around, got me to practice on her friend as she was going out and wanted her nails done for free! She spent far more time on the phone or chatting to her friends than she did training me. The brands she used were some of the lowest quality products on the market, available to the general public.

Obviously being the timid person I was I completed my full week nail training which carried on in much the same manner, practicing on her kids, friends, her smoking all over the area we were working in.

When I rang BABTAC to get insurance they informed me that her training was not insured with them.

I contacted another trainer who has been brilliant, provided me with the correct training, supported me to make a complain and report the bad trainer and has spent 1-1 time with me covering area's that the initial course did not. Apparently I was qualified to complete a luxury manicure but had not training on parafin wax or arm massage on the original course.

I now see this company posting all over Facebook all the time and they just look desperate. Word has gotten around about their poor standards and every time I see them post I really have to hold back to not put a comment! But hopefully others can learn from my mistakes!

If they're a VTCT school, they'll be quality checked on a regular basis by the awarding body , so they have to keep standards high . I see they offer Level 4 quals .. a lot of the colleges aren't offering those yet , and the school wouldn't have got approval to offer them without good standards of practice and admin. Hope all goes well on your visit, and that you enjoy the course wherever you choose to do it :)

Rebecca, that sounds like a nightmare! :eek:

Oh God Rebecca....thats awful!
Well done for not giving up and making a complaint about them! It is so easily done though. We have no reason not to believe what a 'training company' are saying as we would think them to be professionals but its shocking how these people get away with it.
Good on you for finding another professional to teach you and thanks for sharing that. Soooo need to keep my eyes open! xx :eek:

Thankyou catface. I'm visiting them tomorrow and if all goes well then I'll sign up and start on the 28th Nov! xx

Hi all,

I wanted to ask if anyone had trained with Beaulaz. I've done many searches and cannot find any reviews on their training.
I am looking to train up in Beauty Therapy NVQ 2 and 3.
Any advice is very much appreciated!

Shaz x
Hi,
I'm looking into training with Beaulaz, can you tell me if you did go with them and what your experience was like with them please?
Many thanks
Jo

Hi,
I'm looking into training with Beaulaz, can you tell me if you did go with them and what your experience was like with them please?
Many thanks
Jo

The poster has been absent from the site since April this year.

Latest posts

Back