Beautician timings on treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dont find having 2 lamps makes much difference? you can only paint as fast as the lamp timings lasts? 2 minutes? depending on what colour sometimes this can save time depending on colour coverage.

I manage to do a shellac in 30 mins but tbh struggle depending on what state the clients nails are in i.e if they are a new client and need lots of cuticle work and filing?

i use geleration and i can take between 20-30 minutes for application, 30-45 for removal and replace. this is including cuticle work, i dont know anyone experienced that would take 45 minutes for application alone! (i have a very large client base so yes, its applied correctly! :p)

Do your timings allow for greeting the client, taking their coat, showing them to the nail desk, then taking payment, re-booking, getting their coat and saying farewell? Or are your timings taken from when the client sits at the desk until they get up again?

i use geleration and i can take between 20-30 minutes for application, 30-45 for removal and replace. this is including cuticle work, i dont know anyone experienced that would take 45 minutes for application alone! (i have a very large client base so yes, its applied correctly! :p)

20 minutes for application? So around 6 minutes is curing time leaving you 14 minutes maybe a bit longer to do a full prep/pep, shaping nails, polishing and finishing off and checking the finish? That seems really rushed to me.

I don't think speed is everything. Yes from a financial point of view, being quick equals more potential clients in a day but clients are coming to be pampered and don't want to be rushed out the door.

I allow 45 minutes for application of CND Shellac and consider myself experienced

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

30 for application only (colour or French), 30 for reapplication colour and 45 for reapplication French. This allows enough time for greeting/booking etc (2 lamps). 45 for all treatments at desk with only one lamp x

Agree completely!!

(Lily pie)

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is a great thread as my shellac application takes (don't shout at me) 1-1.5 hours ! But I am new & have a good natter with my clients & do free mini massage at the end. I would love to get my time down but I feel I couldn't go any quicker at the mo! Have u given your therapist any pointers on reducing times as I would find that really useful myself than someone just saying speed up! My removal takes forever too but I'm still new so hoping it'll all click eventually! Xx

Do your timings allow for greeting the client, taking their coat, showing them to the nail desk, then taking payment, re-booking, getting their coat and saying farewell? Or are your timings taken from when the client sits at the desk until they get up again?
maybe add three minutes for the greeting and payment max? its not that i am rushing tbh, i'm just fast at applying!

20 minutes for application? So around 6 minutes is curing time leaving you 14 minutes maybe a bit longer to do a full prep/pep, shaping nails, polishing and finishing off and checking the finish? That seems really rushed to me.

I don't think speed is everything. Yes from a financial point of view, being quick equals more potential clients in a day but clients are coming to be pampered and don't want to be rushed out the door.

I allow 45 minutes for application of CND Shellac and consider myself experienced

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

maybe, but its just how quick i am! and we blather the whole way through and have fun so its not like i am silent and flat out!

maybe its because most of my clients are repeat clients so i know their nails inside out? can i add that i allow 30 minutes but rarely use the full amount of time!

I have several years under my belt - not tons (enough to say I'm consider being experienced) and sometimes it takes me over 45 mins for prep cleaning cuticles and application. So now you know someone experienced that takes 45 mins to do so :D and I'm fully booked with a 3 week waiting list. I guess I'm doin something right:)

I do 45 mins standard one colour, extra 15 if removal and an extra half hour if they want art etc.
I would rather my staff take the time they need so I know it's being done well.

I think you're being too harsh, she's giving herself enough time to provide quality treatments, 45 min application and 1hr for removal and reapplication is acceptable to me. I think quality nails and a customer friendly environment where she can engage in general chit chat while working is a lot more important to get returning clients.

I hate this whole timing thing! All our therapists work within thier own comforts, happy therapists = Happy clients = Happy salon! Our girls never take the mick, I can do gel polish application and removal in 45 minutes but another of the girls could take 1hr30 because we have different types of regular clients, I usually get the young anti social quick in and out, the other girls get the older women and have a cup of tea (or 3) and more importantly they buy products.
We've never had one single problem with any of our therapists, they all have the salons best interest at heart, they work hard and they make money, we've never had to be hot on anyone's tail. For the sake of 15 minutes your being silly!

I was always taught that PEP (cuticle work etc) is an essential part of a shellac application not an optional part! :eek:

As I include this with EVERY Shellac (removal and re-application or a new application) my timings are varied with every client by a little, some clients have more cuticle work to do than others and some need more shaping.

Average is 20-25 mins for removal and PEP and then 35-50 mins for application depending on what they're having, obviously nail art and french may take longer than a straight colour.

I would much rather have more time than not enough, it means I have time to retail (Solar Oil, Scentsations etc) at the end and then re-book without rushing!

sorry I dont think im being silly im merely asking peoples opinons. I have been trained were I had strict timings and have been in the business for over 10 years and this was drilled into me. I dont cut short on my clients and they all have a chat cuppa etc. as for timings I take 30 mins that is after them filling out record card in reception n then I take them for treatments offer cup of tea etc. I have a very large clientele and just wanting to see what other therapists gage their own times so i can act farely to my therapist. as for extensions tge quick dip is designed to be a quick method that reduces time etc so 1hr ive been told is enough time to except for treatment to be carried out as its nit like it's full on acrylic or hard gel that needs to be built up Thankyou for everyones in put ive found it really helpful!

sorry I dont think im being silly im merely asking peoples opinons. I have been trained were I had strict timings and have been in the business for over 10 years and this was drilled into me. I dont cut short on my clients and they all have a chat cuppa etc. as for timings I take 30 mins that is after them filling out record card in reception n then I take them for treatments offer cup of tea etc. I have a very large clientele and just wanting to see what other therapists gage their own times so i can act farely to my therapist. as for extensions tge quick dip is designed to be a quick method that reduces time etc so 1hr ive been told is enough time to except for treatment to be carried out as its nit like it's full on acrylic or hard gel that needs to be built up Thankyou for everyones in put ive found it really helpful!

You have been in the industry 10 years and can do it in 30 mins, that's great but you can't expect your therapist to perform exactly the same.
It's not the asking that's silly it's your outlook on your therapists timing, sorry I don't want to sound offensive but I feel bad for her..

no I value imput and thats why ive posted in here. iv got a fellow colleague who takes same time an d also a friend in industry and she allows her girls the same, I obviously allow longer for nail art and soak off and I have discussed this with her its not like iv said this is ure time allowance and thats it. how much do you charge for shellacs?

Give Her a break, quality will start slipping if you pressure her on timings, switch to led machines which cure in 30secs??

I book out 1 hr for shellac/gel II, an extra 15min for removal & 15min for art.

If it's a new client, single colour and decent nails then I can do gel II in 30mins, shellac in 35ish.

I book out 1hr as it allows me time for if my client is a little late, let's me complete a client card, and let's me rebook & retail after, plus I can have a wee and tidy my desk between appts!!

I think you are being a bit harsh as well. I book out 1 hour for Shellac french because i am a perfectionist and i'd rather take longer getting it right than quicker getting it wrong. At the end of the day for the extra 15 mins more you give her - 1. your client will be happy with a better job, 2. THE MAIN THING- She will come back and 3. She's going to recommend your salon.

Latest posts

Back