beautician, what insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi guys!
If I want to use a certain brand of skincare in my salon, do i need to be trained by the company (say, I want to introduce Chi from Salonsystems) -do I need to attend the 2 day training course from Capital in order to get insurance or can i just go ahead and start using it assuming that since I'm qualified to offer facials I'd be covered for them?
thanks

July

july said:
Hi guys!
If I want to use a certain brand of skincare in my salon, do i need to be trained by the company (say, I want to introduce Chi from Salonsystems) -do I need to attend the 2 day training course from Capital in order to get insurance or can i just go ahead and start using it assuming that since I'm qualified to offer facials I'd be covered for them?
thanks

July

Hi
Companies from certain types of skin care products require you to train specifically by them. Dermalogica is one of these. I am not very sure about Salon Systems but I guess if Capital sells it and you are fully qualified in doing facials, no reason why you cant buy the product range. I guess if you wanted specfic training using the range, perhaps Capital might be familiar with the courses for it.

As a Beautician, you should be insured by someone like Professional Beauty or any other known insurer which covers beauty treatments.

I'm insured with Babtac and my insurance covers products used on clients. Unless it's something like glycolic acid and stuff like that then your qualification should cover you. Are you insured? If you are, I'm sure you can just contact your insurance co and they will tell you x

Not being funny but chi isn't that great. If you're on a budget I'd go for solutions as I used to find chi wasn't great for sensetive skins.
hth's x

Latest posts

Back