Beauty bed/couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krum

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for advice on beauty beds.
I'm tall so want one I can adjust to a good height. Is hydraulic or electric better?
Can anyone link me to reputable places to purchase? All I seem to find is the normal beauty wholesalers and I'm sure there's better places for equipment.
Are there any specific beds or brands you can recommend?
I'll need to be able to do pedicures, waxing, facials and facial hair removal including threading on the couch so need something that is suitable for all these treatments that I can manoeuvre around easily and move ot. Plus I want it really strong! I hate getting on rickety beds so want my clients super secure.
Thanks!

What sort of price range are you looking at?

I've got two different types of electric couch. One has a foot panel that you can drop down and the other is rigid and you can only raise the back.

The first may be what you're looking for for pedicures but I'd never buy one again. We have a lot of larger clients and when clients 'perch' on the bed to take their shoes off (ignoring the chair) my heart is in my mouth. I will replace this couch ASAP.

As for the others, one is from SEC in Lutterworth and the other is from Cosmetronic. Both are super solid, and both came in at a reasonable price. Electric with a back you can raise and a face hole.

Vic x

I've got two different types of electric couch. One has a foot panel that you can drop down and the other is rigid and you can only raise the back.

The first may be what you're looking for for pedicures but I'd never buy one again. We have a lot of larger clients and when clients 'perch' on the bed to take their shoes off (ignoring the chair) my heart is in my mouth. I will replace this couch ASAP.

As for the others, one is from SEC in Lutterworth and the other is from Cosmetronic. Both are super solid, and both came in at a reasonable price. Electric with a back you can raise and a face hole.

Vic x

So do you think it's best to not do pedicures on the bed?
Would beds like these be ok for facials and threading? Or would I need one where I can tilt the head back?
I'm looking to spend maybe 500 max. That realistic?
Thanks

So do you think it's best to not do pedicures on the bed?
Would beds like these be ok for facials and threading? Or would I need one where I can tilt the head back?
I'm looking to spend maybe 500 max. That realistic?
Thanks
These are what we use for everything. Facials, waxing etc. They are very solid and can lie completely flat or you can raise the back for make up for example.

I think both came in around the £550 mark but I'm close to Lutterworth so it was slightly cheaper as I collected x

Is doing pedis on the bed the best way?
Just thought would it be better to get a footrest and bowl holder and for my client chair to be height adjustable? Thanks

I'm not a fan of hydraulic. That couch looks like it wouldn't accommodate some of my larger ladies.

Check the weight limits on them - I think you could end up with a couch that's neither here nor there. Some people do pedis on the couch with the couch flat and the back raised - especially for toe painting but we have a comfy chair so not much help. Sorry

Vic x

Awful! Only suitable for light use.

You might be better off with a static couch at a comfortable height for you, plus a separate chair for pedicures and threading?

How can you tell? So I know what to look for. What makes a bed a good? What specific things should I look for? Thanks for your advice. I know I'd buy something silly otherwise lol x

I'll try and show you the pics of the two I have so you can see. Anything with a central pedestal just looks unsafe to me x

How can you tell? So I know what to look for. What makes a bed a good? What specific things should I look for? Thanks for your advice. I know I'd buy something silly otherwise lol x
I've used this couch, it's tough to explain by sight alone. It's literally the quality of the materials.

Hey all, I just wanted to pass on this info I got from a call from Cosmetronics today. For those who have purchased a bed with them before, their bed price is doing to go up tomorrow from £399 to £499. If you were thinking about getting a new one or a second one, give them a call. I love mine but don't need another one. x

Latest posts

Back