Beauty books

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Reaction score
Hi every one
This is not nail related hope thats ok.
Im am booked on a waxing course next month as lots of my clients are always asking me why i dont do it. At the moment i do extentions, air brush tanning eyelash and brow tinting. So i guess waxing would be a good thing to add. Dont know where ill get the time to do it all thou lol. Any way my question is does any body know of any good books that i could read before i go on the course i would like to read up on it so ill be more prepared it is only a one day course so im a bit worried that i wont learn enough in a day, so as any of you guys read any good books on waxing, that they can recomend
Thanks in advance
Caren :biggrin:

hi
I never actually found a book that contained enough information on waxing when i trained,, the world wide web is a great source of information!! We were given alot of handouts by our tutor which were very informative. As for learning how to wax in a day.....sure you can learn how to do it in a day.....but getting the technique right in one day i would'nt place a bet on it!!
As i say the web is a great source of information and alot of info can be obtained. I think i still have all of my old handouts if they are of any use to you pm me your address and i will send them to you, i think i also have a well used beauty aesthetics book that has quite a bit on the subject if u want that too!!
But good luck i am sure you will love waxing!!

hi i bought the guide to waxing its an american book but it aint that good for us english people, i have also got nvq beauty therapy which has quite a few step by step bits in it ,i have seen one on ebay today actually if you type in beauty therapy books it should come up, i love my book hope this helps

Thanks Deisal
I must say i am abit worried about it only being one day but it is an introduction to waxing althou they say your qualfied and can get insurance from the guild with the certificate. I am very aware that you cant learn all there is to know about about waxing in a day so thats why i wanted to at least read up as must info as i could. Ive done a search and most places that teach beauty are all for one day.
Ill just have to practice for a while on my family and freinds (poor sods) Ill PM my address to you as info would be greatly appreciated
Thanx again Caren :D

Thanks Dee will go to e-bay right know :D

I think it's called "A Guide To Beauty Therapy" by Janet Simms, and it contains good information for all areas, and i've found it a good foundation guide for most areas.

Hi,

I just finished a 14 week course through my local college and I had to refer to the Janet Simms book. This gives you everything you need to know and goes in to the techniques required.

However I am a bit surprised that your course if only for a day, but hey, you'll pick it up. We were shown the technique only once for each area and left to get on with it.

Best of luck

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back