beauty course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
just found out that the person i used as my refrence for my beauty therapy course wont be able to do it now so i phoned the college and they said that if i dont get one soon then i wont be able start the course but the person has to be a ( doctor, bank manager, lawyer police officer or someone with a good job or background ) but i dont know anyone like that they have to know me personal did anyone else have this problem as if i dont find one i wont be able to do the course i havent got a clue i told the college they dont care im really upset about this :cry:

just found out that the person i used as my refrence for my beauty therapy course wont be able to do it now so i phoned the college and they said that if i dont get one soon then i wont be able start the course but the person has to be a ( doctor, bank manager, lawyer police officer or someone with a good job or background ) but i dont know anyone like that they have to know me personal did anyone else have this problem as if i dont find one i wont be able to do the course i havent got a clue i told the college they dont care im really upset about this :cry:

Well - i didnt need any reference for college - what do they want them for?

i was a referee for my brothers girfriend, for her hairdressing course at college.
i thought you could use anyone for a character reference

they want someone who i know personlay who has a good job but i thought i could use my auntie in law but they said no there not allowed to be family its my local college they are being really nasty about it when i phoned up they said if i cant get a refrence soon they will not allow me to do my course i cant belive this is happening i really wanted to do this i just dont know what to do :cry:

they want someone who i know personlay who has a good job but i thought i could use my auntie in law but they said no there not allowed to be family its my local college they are being really nasty about it when i phoned up they said if i cant get a refrence soon they will not allow me to do my course i cant belive this is happening i really wanted to do this i just dont know what to do :cry:

What work do your neighbours do or friends of your parents?

I never had this problem any of the times Ive been to collage, although they do say you need 5 C's or above to get on the course but one of my friends didnt even sit her GCSE's and she was allowed on the course.

Dont you have a family Doctor? I would think your doctor would know you well enough?

Or what about your school tutor or you boss, if you work?

i dont work im lone parent i dont the neighbours and the family doctor retired last year i hardly seen him anyway my mum never goes out due to depression and i dont see my dad i dont really go anywhere my self the only people i see are my younger sisters, the health vistor (but she cant give me one either) and the jobcentre to help me start training but they wont either so im abit lost at the moment its just so hard i live on my own and i was doing this for myself but it never seems to work out i really want career for me and a better start for my daughters

i didn't need a reference for my beauty therapy course but i guess different colleges do things differently.
When i needed a reference to sign for my provisional driving licence i got my ex-boss to do it as she was the only person who had known me for long enough. if you are absolutly certain there is nobody on this earth that can vouch for you phone the college and explain the situation. they may let your health visitor or somebody do it for you? Or you could try a different college if there are any. otherwise i'm afraid i don't know what else you can do.
Good luck hunny. xx

you say you have children, what about your HV, there teachers or head mistress?

hi i got an email this morning saying that there willing to take one of a friend now only this once tho so hopefully it should all go ok but they could of said all this at my interview thanks everyone

hi i got an email this morning saying that there willing to take one of a friend now only this once tho so hopefully it should all go ok but they could of said all this at my interview thanks everyone

glad you got it sorted xx

good luck on your course hun, sometimes it just feels like life is kicking you in the teeth all the time........ stick with it and believe in yourself

lots of geeky hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxxx

good luck hunny, just remember to keep smiling the only way is up! xx

Latest posts

Back