Beauty & Covid, covering your client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Sunshine

Reaction score
Hi what’s everyone using to cover their clients and to keep them warm during their beauty treatments?

i’m opening a new salon October and wondering about what I’m going to do to try to be a bit more eco.

extra wide bedroll/disposable paper sheet would be cool to use Directly over client - under a towel & fluffy blanket so the client doesn’t come into contact?! Any thoughts ideas welcome

Have a look at BC SoftWear. They have some jumbo towels that don’t need as much energy to wash and tumble dry but still feel lovely and soft. They also have couch sized duvets and linens. TKMaxx sell lovely microfibre blankets.

If you have a heated pad under your client with a protective vinyl couch cover over, that helps keep your client warm. I have a furry under couch blanket which adds softness and retains warmth. As long as your vinyl cover is tightly fitted you can disinfect in between clients without having to worry unduly about under cover items. You can also get sanitising UV lights and fumigation systems for things that can’t easily be laundered - (make sure you understand the health risks)

I use a sheet or a sarong over a client with a towel or microflibre blanket on top but I wash both items after each client. In preCovid times I washed the sheet every use and the blanket less often.

Have a look at BC SoftWear. They have some jumbo towels that don’t need as much energy to wash and tumble dry but still feel lovely and soft. They also have couch sized duvets and linens. TKMaxx sell lovely microfibre blankets.

If you have a heated pad under your client with a protective vinyl couch cover over, that helps keep your client warm. I have a furry under couch blanket which adds softness and retains warmth. As long as your vinyl cover is tightly fitted you can disinfect in between clients without having to worry unduly about under cover items. You can also get sanitising UV lights and fumigation systems for things that can’t easily be laundered - (make sure you understand the health risks)

I use a sheet or a sarong over a client with a towel or microflibre blanket on top but I wash both items after each client. In preCovid times I washed the sheet every use and the blanket less often.
Thanks so much for replying! I do have a heated blanket underneath and have bought vinyl fitted covers for under the client which can be wiped and found a company that make vinyl covered cushions for lying face down on breathe hole.

I will avoid using a duvet and get some of those microfibre blankets they sound lovely!
I suppose there is no avoidinging washing all top blankets. The sarong is a good idea. Its really difficult to create a boutique high end feel in these strange times. I was kinda hoping someone had created a soft disposable top sheet a bit softer than bedroll! X

It’s also about costs, I use scrummi spa disposable towels. They cost about £1 each and you buy them in packs Ellisons stock them and sometimes have discounts, but usually they are “out of stock” on a discount weekend.

Scrummi towels feel like soft fabric but are sustainable, single use couch covers. It costs about the same to wash a couch towel as to use a scrummi towel. However if you switch to bcsoftwear linen sheets, you’ll find you can fit a lot more in your washing machine and tumble dryer and therefore the laundry costs are better value.

Sarongs scrumple down to nothing (especially if they are natural fibre chiffon) but they don’t cover a couch properly. Some will substitute for a top sheet if you check your measurements. With sheets/sarongs I just tumble dry to damp and then air dry which reduces creases and saves energy. I have a dehumidifier which helps with air drying.

I use scrummi sheets for waxing and washable sheets for massage/facials. There’s a limit to how much laundry you can handle. I’ve also heard good reports about Enki® Luxury Single-Use Beauty Couch Covers | Enki Towels
Apparently enkitowels can handle being washed once.

Latest posts

Back