Beauty Express

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Just placed an order with beauty express and they have charged me vat :( have I read it wrong?x

So have I just Placed an order, they apply it as discount and show vat so that it can be claimed back xx

I've just ordered too and it took me a while to understand what was happening but its like princess layla has said, they work it out as a discount on the product so that although you still pay vat you have saved 20% overall, so its like getting the items vat free. Slightly confusing!!!

It's because they HAVE to charge vat. It's very confusing but long as you're getting the ex vat price (there are buttons at the bottom of the page) don't worry :) x

Very confusing lmao I think I get it, so it's not actually vat free I just save 20% and vat is 20% is that right? X

Very confusing lmao I think I get it, so it's not actually vat free I just save 20% and vat is 20% is that right? X
Yes that's it! Just call it 20% discount!x

Essentially they give you 20% off. They take it off twice and add it on once lol. Nothing's simple these days! (even if mr alexander the meerkat thinks it is hehe) x

When I read the offer was vat free I did think it was weird as I know if is illegal to advertise or offer a vat free deal. You can say we pay the vat or have a 20% off discount. It does seem a bit sneaky though and I would be annoyed if I'd ordered and found that I was paying the full price at checkout.

On the website there is a big pink banner saying VAT free and theres the T&C you can click on and it explains thats its a 20% discount but they do charge you VAT.

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Thank you, i understand it now x

Latest posts

Back