Beauty industry return?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon

Reaction score
Hi all hope everyone is well.
Good luck to all Hairdressers & Barbers returning today x

I was wondering, seeing all the petitioning for the beauty sector to return alongside hair, do you think it’s safe?

Personally I think we should wait to see how the numbers are after hair has been open for a while and that’s the next best thing to as close a contact as we are, that is until everyone goes to the pub tonight and starts fondling each other lol.

I’ve also found it interesting that several brands have rallied to post petitions designed to get the beauty industry to return to work.

I know we’re struggling, but is it right to return?

Love to you all in this strange time x

Its a difficult one but it depends on circumstances . The home nail salon where you can have only one client at a time , masks for both yourself and the client , screens and visors plus all the NORMAL hygiene routines we SHOULD always carry out even before this virus then I cannot see how this is less safe than letting hairdressers open who get a lot closer to their clients than we do.

You cannot even have a screen between them and the client and they will actually be touching your FACE when they wash your hair .

It does ALSO seem madness to me that flights can resume - a small enclosed space with 200+ people sat together in close proximity for a flight of 2+ hours, Pubs can open and they will have lots of people in one place that cannot wear masks if they are drinking! , restaurants can open and no one there can wear a mask if they are eating ( it even said on the news that waitresses/waiters will not have to wear a mask ) yet one on one with all the measures I have said for 90 mins is not ok ? A high street nail salon can be just as safe . Number of desks can be reduced , no walks in and all the measures I have stated .

I personally was all geared up and ready ( though apprehensive ) to open on Monday so was gobsmacked when the announcement came . I am struggling to see the logic behind it to be honest . Yes I know we have to put health first absolutely and I am especially careful as my husband is having chemo but as I said I cannot see the logic in keeping nail salons shut if the appropriate measures are taken

Its a difficult one but it depends on circumstances . The home nail salon where you can have only one client at a time , masks for both yourself and the client , screens and visors plus all the NORMAL hygiene routines we SHOULD always carry out even before this virus then I cannot see how this is less safe than letting hairdressers open who get a lot closer to their clients than we do.

You cannot even have a screen between them and the client and they will actually be touching your FACE when they wash your hair .

It does ALSO seem madness to me that flights can resume - a small enclosed space with 200+ people sat together in close proximity for a flight of 2+ hours, Pubs can open and they will have lots of people in one place that cannot wear masks if they are drinking! , restaurants can open and no one there can wear a mask if they are eating ( it even said on the news that waitresses/waiters will not have to wear a mask ) yet one on one with all the measures I have said for 90 mins is not ok ? A high street nail salon can be just as safe . Number of desks can be reduced , no walks in and all the measures I have stated .

I personally was all geared up and ready ( though apprehensive ) to open on Monday so was gobsmacked when the announcement came . I am struggling to see the logic behind it to be honest . Yes I know we have to put health first absolutely and I am especially careful as my husband is having chemo but as I said I cannot see the logic in keeping nail salons shut if the appropriate measures are taken

I didn’t expect them to spilt the two industries I must admit.

There’s also the harsh reality for those who aren’t willing to open due to fear or unable due to due to health etc to reopen their business in whatever sector that they’re going to lose clientele and be on their own in regards to financial aid, which in my opinion has been absolutely shocking and have received very little.
I have the feeling that the worker is being thrown back in to the field whilst it’s still on fire so that those in the comfortable seats can carry on enjoying their comfort.

I know we have to keep the economy afloat but at what cost?

So uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Back