Beauty licence for nails only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made negative sweeping statements about nail techs who originate from a particular country.

(people from an Asian country) salons are the same all over, most don’t follow the rules in the US .
Most immigrants don’t even get training or licenses...

That’s the definition of racism as you’re claiming that all people who come from a particular country possess these negative traits when that’s clearly wrong and just makes you look silly. If you look around, you will see that people can be criminal, lazy, uneducated, or whatever. It’s got nothing to do with where they were born or the colour of their skin, but the choices they’ve made in life.

If a poster said “all Irish people are stupid alcoholics or all Americans are obese and lazy”, would that be true or acceptable?
It might apply to some people from that country and it will apply to some people from hundreds of other countries too.

All these comments do is show is that the writer has an unwarranted superiority complex and looks down on others based on their ethnicity, rather than their individual actions.
A gentle reminder that casual racism and bigotry is not allowed on SalonGeek.
Fact is, no one culture is superior to another and posts that make sweeping generalisations will be edited or deleted.
You are right. Origin, race or gender has nothing to do with doing the right thing or not. It is a personal decision. I did not intend to give a racial connotation. There are amazing professionals from all over the world and I have been able to work with many of them.
However, it is important to denounce wrong actions. It is a huge problem here. People working without formal training and license. I meant to reply to her because she mentioned an specific type of place. I meant to tell her, that similar things happen all over and that’s not a reason to stop her from doing the right thing and follow local directives.

Latest posts

Back