Beauty licence for nails only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinju

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am in the process of opening a nail salon. The coucil came for final checks. They put the followinhg conditions- that i must display my public liability insurancs certificate ( i have not seen in any salons i have worked in) 2) i must have record card for al customers. Why do they need the record card? I even said to them i have not seen any in vetnamese nail salons or the upmarket ones. Is this a common pratice?

Yes you need to comply with these.
Record cards should be kept and filled in with what treatment /products you have used on them (in case of any problems and to help you plan their forward treatments)
You display your insurance certificate to reassure clients that you have professional standing.
You will need to send copies of your qualifications to the insurance company

Yes you need to comply with these.
Record cards should be kept and filled in with what treatment /products you have used on them (in case of any problems and to help you plan their forward treatments)
You display your insurance certificate to reassure clients that you have professional standing.
You will need to send copies of your qualifications to the insurance company
Thank you for the reply.

I have worked in few nail salons and no one keeps record card just for nails. Yes, for beauty and astheics they do have cards etc. It just seems the coucil have one rule for one set of people and another for people who are
Law abiding citizens.

Kind regards

It just seems the coucil have one rule for one set of people and another for people who are Law abiding citizens.

That’s simply not true. The rules apply to everyone equally.

If you’d completed an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Nails, you’d know that completing a client record card for every treatment is considered essential practice. Along with the products you use, it demonstrates to your clients that you work to a high standard and sets you apart from the one day course brigade.

Also, more importantly, if a client becomes allergic to the products you use and decides to sue you, without a record card detailing what was done and when, your insurer could refuse to act on your behalf.

It absolutely is true. I’ve been to many nail salons and never ever filled in a card. Yet I have to comply.

That’s simply not true.

If you’d completed an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Nails, you’d know that completing a client record card for every treatment is considered essential practice. Along with the products you use, it demonstrates to your clients that you work to a high standard and sets you apart from the one day course brigade.

Also, more importantly, if a client becomes allergic to the products you use and decides to sue you, without a record card detailing what was done and when, your insurer could refuse to act on your behalf.
Thank you for the information. I am just going by what I have seen. That’s all. I visited a few yesterday with a friend and none completed a record card. It’s in the same town as my nail salon. The high street ones certainly don’t follow that for sure. It just seemed a bit odd to me. I agree with you. It’s just that my batte with the council have been the hardest so far. Therefore my frustration if that makes sense. Xx

It’s frustrating but it make sense you need to provide client cards and show your insurance certificate. We learnt that in school. But I totally agree I have never been asked to complete a client card when I used to visit some nail bars. Why are there different rules for those salons or have they just not been caught? Lol

[edited by a moderator to remove casual racist remark]

It’s frustrating but it make sense you need to provide client cards and show your insurance certificate. We learnt that in school. But I totally agree I have never been asked to complete a client card when I used to visit some nail bars. Why are there different rules for those salons or have they just not been caught? Lol
I agree, when I completed my VTCT in Beauty, it was all about customer care such as client cards etc.

Apparently, they do get warnings but they carry on. Legally no one can close down the business, as it’s not covered in the legislation. There you go, we learn something new everyday.

I agree, when I completed my VTCT in Beauty, it was all about customer care such as client cards etc.

Apparently, they do get warnings but they carry on. Legally no one can close down the business, as it’s not covered in the legislation. There you go, we learn something new everyday.
Makes sense however, without record cards you may find insurance is invalid :)

If that is what the council is asking for then comply. These are not difficult things to implement or produce.
If others don't that's their problem and they will have to deal with the consequences should they arrive.
Yes, It is annoying when others don't comply but try not to get caught up in what others are doing and just concentrate on your own business.

I'd suggest embracing it as a point of difference. It will set you apart from your competition and your staff can take pride in working for a business with higher standards. Client records can be managed very simply, they don't have to be stored on computer. You'll get a few huffy clients but you just need to smile and say "it's required by The Council for all nail salons but some don't bother - it makes you wonder what other regulations they ignore..."

It's much easier to run a successful business if you have a strong team. - staff that write up brief notes on every client visit will provide a much better quality client experience.

If that is what the council is asking for then comply. These are not difficult things to implement or produce.
If others don't that's their problem and they will have to deal with the consequences should they arrive.
Yes, It is annoying when others don't comply but try not to get caught up in what others are doing and just concentrate on your own business.
thank you for your reply.

I'd suggest embracing it as a point of difference. It will set you apart from your competition and your staff can take pride in working for a business with higher standards. Client records can be managed very simply, they don't have to be stored on computer. You'll get a few huffy clients but you just need to smile and say "it's required by The Council for all nail salons but some don't bother - it makes you wonder what other regulations they ignore..."

It's much easier to run a successful business if you have a strong team. - staff that write up brief notes on every client visit will provide a much better quality client experience.

I have looked around for nails only client record cards but I can’t find them. Where is the best place to order ?

I have looked around for nails only client record cards but I can’t find them. Where is the best place to order ?

I made my own, I know what I want on them, how I want my disclaimer worded and how I want to record the details of each service going forward. Much cheaper to print your own than buy them

I made my own, I know what I want on them, how I want my disclaimer worded and how I want to record the details of each service going forward. Much cheaper to print your own than buy them
Hi Trinity,
Where can I see a sample of the client service card so I have an idea of what it looks like ?. I don’t find them here.

Hi Trinity,
Where can I see a sample of the client service card so I have an idea of what it looks like ?. I don’t find them here.

Its just my version of the one given in our training.

ok, here in Florida we do not have a physical real one. It is mentioned in the book that everyone uses at beauty school but they don’t even teach you about it . If you don’t mind could you email me a copy of it ?
thanks

A gentle reminder that casual racism and bigotry is not allowed on SalonGeek.
Fact is, no one culture is superior to another and posts that make sweeping generalisations will be edited or deleted.

A gentle reminder that casual racism and bigotry is not allowed on SalonGeek.
Fact is, no one culture is superior to another and posts that make sweeping generalisations will be edited or deleted.
I don’t understand how racism or bigotry has anything to do with what I write. could you please be more clear ?.

I don’t understand how racism or bigotry has anything to do with what I write. could you please be more clear ?.

You made negative sweeping statements about nail techs who originate from a particular country.

(people from an Asian country) salons are the same all over, most don’t follow the rules in the US .
Most immigrants don’t even get training or licenses...

That’s the definition of racism as you’re claiming that all people who come from a particular country possess these negative traits when that’s clearly wrong and just makes you look silly. If you look around, you will see that people can be criminal, lazy, uneducated, or whatever. It’s got nothing to do with where they were born or the colour of their skin, but the choices they’ve made in life.

If a poster said “all Irish people are stupid alcoholics or all Americans are obese and lazy”, would that be true or acceptable?
It might apply to some people from that country and it will apply to some people from hundreds of other countries too.

All these comments do is show is that the writer has an unwarranted superiority complex and looks down on others based on their ethnicity, rather than their individual actions.

Latest posts

Back