Beauty/Massage Table. Your Opinions Please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how much or what sort of massage you do but personally I don't think I'd do a lot of massage on this one. It looks ok for some massage, but if you're doing a lot of quite deep massage I think I'd like something a little bit sturdier.

I hope you don't take that the wrong way bombini, it's just that I do a lot of deep massage and I wouldn't want to be worrying that the top half of the couch wasn't strong enough to withstand the pressure!
I am quite surprised you have said this,my friend has this couch and its solid as anything,indeed I have one that looks far more flimsey and costs less at £99.00.Yet I do a very deep massage,elbows and all and I have never had any problems.I used to do a lot as well until my accident.

These couches undergo stringent tests that are carried out before the beauty/massage couches are sold. You would have to be damned strong and have an extremely heavy person to so much as cause a twinge in these couches.They are built for their purpose,they are not about to just fall to pieces,30 hrs of massage or 100 hrs.Think about the implications of any couch collapsing...dosn't bear thinking about.

Sorry but I think we underestimate ourselves sometimes or possibly over estimate ourselves,I would hope any massage/beauty couch could withstand the pressure or they wouldn't be allowed to be sold :eek:Not meaning to cause offense of course just stating a fact.:green:

I bought my couch from costco and for massage it is great, very sturdy and a few of my clients are rather bulky rugby players and even having them on it i have no worries that it will colapse on me, the downside of is it can be rather heavy for mobile work. The back does not adjust which is a bit of a pain so i now only use it for massage work and did invest in a couch that was adjustable for doing my beauty treatments.

My advice for buying a couch is to think what you will be using it for most, it can get very expensive to go out and buy one and realise it really only good for one thing. For beauty i really would recomend that the backrest can be adjusted, more comfort for your clients and your own back.

I learnt my lesson the expensive way :cry:

I am quite surprised you have said this,my friend has this couch and its solid as anything,indeed I have one that looks far more flimsey and costs less at £99.00.Yet I do a very deep massage,elbows and all and I have never had any problems.I used to do a lot as well until my accident.

These couches undergo stringent tests that are carried out before the beauty/massage couches are sold. You would have to be damned strong and have an extremely heavy person to so much as cause a twinge in these couches.They are built for their purpose,they are not about to just fall to pieces,30 hrs of massage or 100 hrs.Think about the implications of any couch collapsing...dosn't bear thinking about.

Sorry but I think we underestimate ourselves sometimes or possibly over estimate ourselves,I would hope any massage/beauty couch could withstand the pressure or they wouldn't be allowed to be sold :eek:Not meaning to cause offense of course just stating a fact.:green:

I've used several different types of couches over the years, and some are more sturdy than others. While I appreciate what you are saying, the fact is that some couches are made to withstand more pressure than others. No, they may not fall apart or collapse under somebody's weight, but when I buy a new couch I want to get a good lifespan from it, not find that it starts to wobble or squeak after a few months., which has happened in the past to me. It's nothing to do with under- or over-estimating anything

I've used several different types of couches over the years, and some are more sturdy than others. While I appreciate what you are saying, the fact is that some couches are made to withstand more pressure than others. No, they may not fall apart or collapse under somebody's weight, but when I buy a new couch I want to get a good lifespan from it, not find that it starts to wobble or squeak after a few months., which has happened in the past to me. It's nothing to do with under- or over-estimating anything
Well my couch is cheap as they come and never squeaked,seriously.Yes some are more sturdier than others,but even so,you said in an earlier reply that you were worried that the top half of the couch, "may not withstand the pressure"This implies that the couch may collapse....

I was implying that perhaps you were underestimating the strength of the couch and over estimating the strength of your massage,lol:lol:

Yes they may squeak and I see what you're saying..but as mentioned mine cost less than the one shown and it's solid as a rock and is totally squeak free.Thankfully.:green:

Latest posts

Back