Beauty/Massage Table. Your Opinions Please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
I have been advised to purchace my beauty/massage table prior to starting my beauty therapy course in september, so that I can practise in my free time. A very good friend of mine has spotted a massage table called 'Siena' in Costco for £156.26 which includes the VAT.

It is 183cm long / 79cm wide / 61 to 86cm adjustable height. It can take up to 38st working weight. I uploaded a picture from a random website and it appears to be portable too although I don't plan to work mobile. It appears that it usually retails for well over £200.

Costco is well known for the good quality of their products so what do you think. I'm am a complete numpty :green: in this department so any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Attachments

• Siena massage table.jpg
    Siena massage table.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 798
It looks ideal for massage, and yes it is portable. It's very similar to one my friend uses and she does mobile remedial massage.

The only thing I would say about it is, you may have a problem if you want to use it for facials or any treatment where you would sit at one end, as it has wooden panels where you would tuck your knees under. But if you're only going to be using it for massage, I'd say it looks a good buy. Quite a good price too.

Good luck with the course. You'll enjoy it.

Can you adjust the backrest on that couch? If not it probably won't be suitable for most beauty work.
If you were just doing massage it'd work, but for waxing and facials etc you need to have the client either sitting or at least a little bit upright for comfort.
If it does have an adjustable backrest then it's a bargain.:green:

Aah, you see, this is where I am a complete numpty, lol. I am not sure it has an adjustable back rest. I'm not doing massage just yet, only aesthetic beauty therapy, so don't need it for massage at the mo.

Here is the link which gives details.
Master Massage Tables - The Siena Massage Table

Can you adjust the backrest on that couch? If not it probably won't be suitable for most beauty work.
If you were just doing massage it'd work, but for waxing and facials etc you need to have the client either sitting or at least a little bit upright for comfort.
If it does have an adjustable backrest then it's a bargain.:green:

Very good point here, and well spotted. I had a look and I don't think the back does raise up.

I agree with the others - if it's for beauty then you definately need an adjustable back rest for any number of different treatments.

If it helps this is the table I've got -

Portable Massage Chairs & Accessories

It's the second from the top but when I bought mine it came with a free co-ordinating folding stool.

i got mine off ebay cherry wood legs + loads of extras working load 500 pounds its great cost me new 75 pound

I think it looks really nice but i personally wouldn't choose a couch like this because of the width as I find them quite hard to massage on.

SalonsDirect: Professional Salon Beauty Couch

This is the one I have in the salon, I didn't buy it but it was only £150 + vat the thing i like most is that you can turn it into a chair so its great for doing make-overs or adjusting to suit clients with back problems.

I think it looks really nice but i personally wouldn't choose a couch like this because of the width as I find them quite hard to massage on.

SalonsDirect: Professional Salon Beauty Couch

This is the one I have in the salon, I didn't buy it but it was only £150 + vat the thing i like most is that you can turn it into a chair so its great for doing make-overs or adjusting to suit clients with back problems.

I don't know how much or what sort of massage you do but personally I don't think I'd do a lot of massage on this one. It looks ok for some massage, but if you're doing a lot of quite deep massage I think I'd like something a little bit sturdier.

I hope you don't take that the wrong way bombini, it's just that I do a lot of deep massage and I wouldn't want to be worrying that the top half of the couch wasn't strong enough to withstand the pressure!

I don't know how much or what sort of massage you do but personally I don't think I'd do a lot of massage on this one. It looks ok for some massage, but if you're doing a lot of quite deep massage I think I'd like something a little bit sturdier.

I hope you don't take that the wrong way bombini, it's just that I do a lot of deep massage and I wouldn't want to be worrying that the top half of the couch wasn't strong enough to withstand the pressure!

Well I do swedish massage & maybe do two or three a week, i do more facials than anything else but im pretty sure it wouldn't collapse and not had any signs it would yet !

Well I do swedish massage & maybe do two or three a week, i do more facials than anything else but im pretty sure it wouldn't collapse and not had any signs it would yet !

How old is it then? We use ours for massage about 30 or more hours a week. Almost all our clients have massage, so you can maybe see why we need a solid one. I'm just wondering how it compares with our current one - it's about 4 years old and we've had no problems with it yet.

How old is it then? We use ours for massage about 30 or more hours a week. Almost all our clients have massage, so you can maybe see why we need a solid one. I'm just wondering how it compares with our current one - it's about 4 years old and we've had no problems with it yet.

Im not sure, about a year old ? Im a bit confused now where this is going, ive not had any problems with mine and don't forsee any problems. I don't do a huge amount of massage so its not really an issue. All I was doing was suggesting a couch and voicing my opinions on the one in Mrs C's link.

Im not sure, about a year old ? Im a bit confused now where this is going, ive not had any problems with mine and don't forsee any problems. I don't do a huge amount of massage so its not really an issue. All I was doing was suggesting a couch and voicing my opinions on the one in Mrs C's link.

Just curious that's all. Ours is going to need replacing at some point and was interested to know how yours is standing up to use.

Got the theraphy 2000 durham deluxe as a second is only £120 inc vat and delivery very sturdy and loads of bits with it, takes heavy people and very study adn easy to put up hTH

If you do not plan on going mobile, and have the room, i would advise investing your money on a static couch (otherwise part of your money will be spent on the convienience of it being portable).This way yuo can gt a better couch for the same price.A nice padded on with adjustable height is great for massage. Hths

I don't think that any of the tables mentioned will bust under weight for the makers would not want to be sued.

Latest posts

Back