Beauty Pro Hot Towel Steamer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm going to sound like an idiot but here goes!

I have purchased a Beauty Pro Hot Towel Steamer and I've used it a few times. I've read and read the instructions that come with it but it doesn't say anything about wetting the towels before you put them in the steamer. Am I right in thinking that I do have to do this as they're crap without it? :|

I dampen mine down before I put them in the heater. They do get really really hot though so you may want to remove the lid 10 mins before you want to use them.

Thank you Angelina. I'll wet them down next time and I'll watch that they should be hot.

Hi.

Yes, no wetting the towels. They will get moist from the steamer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi.

Yes, no wetting the towels. They will get moist from the steamer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They don't though. The first time I used this heater I put the flannels in dry and they came out hot but dry. I definitely have to dampen mine down first with this particular heater.

Yeah I'm definitely thinking that they have to be wet, they are just unusable when you don't, they do nothing!

I'm definitely going to wet them, it just confused me as there is nothing in the instructions at all. All hot towels I've used in a caddy before have to be wet.

Thanks for your responses.

Yeah I'm definitely thinking that they have to be wet, they are just unusable when you don't, they do nothing!

I'm definitely going to wet them, it just confused me as there is nothing in the instructions at all. All hot towels I've used in a caddy before have to be wet.

Thanks for your responses.

How strange. I never wet my towels and they are lovely wet and hot when I take them out. ... Are you filing the water to the correct level in the heater and how long do you put them on for. .. mine are in no less than 30 minutes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I put mine in damp, if they are too wet its not nice so before the client comes i wet them and then spin them in the washing machine! perfect dampness! I tried it dry when i 1st got the steamer and it wasn't nice they were bone dry but i must admit they probably weren't in there the fill 30 mins x

Well the instructions say a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes, so I usually put the steamer on 15 minutes before the client comes in. Yip I only fill to the maximum level (although it's so faint!).

Nah, I'm definitely going to wet them next time and see the results!

Thanks for all your advice.

I dampen mine and then roll as they also seem to fit in the steamer better too. They are very hot so make sure you use the tongs xx

I use mine dry and they come out moist, but will try the other way - maybe they will be better :)

Latest posts

Back