Beauty room open evening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdbrain

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just opened up a beauty room within a hair salon, only been open a week and im thinking about having a grand opening/open house. However I've only seen these done with a larger salon. Has any other geeks in the same situation (one man band) ever done a opening evening and how did you go about it? What did you do on the evening as obviously it would just be me. I could rope in a friend to help greet people but only I would be able to do treatments etc.

Hopefully someone can give me guidance if not I'll throw no of a plan b x x

There are three of us at my salon.
I have a full book so the purpose of our open evening was for the other two.
I bought little pink stripey sweetie bags and filled them with a voucher, price list, candle, samples, loveheats, lolly pop, I think there was something else but I forget. I got it all from eBay.
We advertised treatments for £10 which had to be prepaid and prevailed. Mini mani, bns, Indian head, lash tint/brow shape & tint, mini pedi, mini facial, spray tan. These were 20 mins but booked into 30 min slots do they had the other 10 mins to promote or mingle.
I did front of house and gave out prosecco (cheapest I could get) and pimms. I had a local lady from fb make some cakes with our logo on.
Lots of people came for treatments and stayed chatting in reception. We also used my treatment room for extra space to mingle.
The girls did 20% off the next treatment for everyone.
We had it on a Friday night from 5-9.
It went really well, they were booked out very early but still had time to talk to people and they got a few regulars from it c

There are three of us at my salon.
I have a full book so the purpose of our open evening was for the other two.
I bought little pink stripey sweetie bags and filled them with a voucher, price list, candle, samples, loveheats, lolly pop, I think there was something else but I forget. I got it all from eBay.
We advertised treatments for £10 which had to be prepaid and prevailed. Mini mani, bns, Indian head, lash tint/brow shape & tint, mini pedi, mini facial, spray tan. These were 20 mins but booked into 30 min slots do they had the other 10 mins to promote or mingle.
I did front of house and gave out prosecco (cheapest I could get) and pimms. I had a local lady from fb make some cakes with our logo on.
Lots of people came for treatments and stayed chatting in reception. We also used my treatment room for extra space to mingle.
The girls did 20% off the next treatment for everyone.
We had it on a Friday night from 5-9.
It went really well, they were booked out very early but still had time to talk to people and they got a few regulars from it c

Thank you so much for your reply, great info there! Do you think it would work with just me? And maybe someone else to greet guests.

I would have someone to greet and maybe someone to talk about treatments. Maybe rope in a friend that is a beautician as well x

Latest posts

Back