Beauty room rent charges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndyloo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some advice about how much people charge to rent out a beauty room? im thinking of going self employed and renting a beauty room to work from, I will have all my own products and equipment (except a couch will be provided) just interested in the 'going rate' of a room.
I know it can depend on area (I'm based Cambridge\essex boarder) but any insight would be appreciated
Thank you

Hi,
I rent a beauty room in a busy hair salon - its a good location, on a busy road. I moved here from a previous beauty room in March due to the rent going up by 50% and they wanted me to pay it within a week so I left due to them being unreasonable without compromise. They were asking for £400 and where I am now I pay £250. Before I moved here the lady had never rented it out, so she asked me how much was my budget and we went from there. My room is so tiny, I decorated it myself (I wanted too). Due to certain issues which I wouldn't of known about until I moved here (noisy & not very professional hairdressers), I wish I'd of said a lower price or not moved here at all!
My friend pays £350 for the whole of the first floor above a hair salon. It just varies but I think do your research in the area, ask around a few salons and you'll soon get an idea! :) Good luck.

A month or week?

That was what I was gonna ask lol

Hi
I rent a beauty salon within a hair salon In Gloucestershire. I have 2 beauty rooms, a make up station and 2 mani stations and a pedi chair. I provided all furniture and equipment and decorated throughout. We share a reception area. I pay £150 per week so £600 per month. That's all bills included.
I'm interested to see what other people pay!

Hi thank you for your feedback so far, I'm been offered a room for £50 per day so £250 pw, just not sure if that's reasonable?!

Thank you!

Hi thank you for your feedback so far, I'm been offered a room for £50 per day so £250 pw, just not sure if that's reasonable?!

Thank you!

I'm based in the North and find that crazily high. You'd be able to get your own shop in the North for that rate haha
A friend of mine pays £450 per month for her own premises - bills not included. It's a beautiful premises and isn't located within another business.
I'd say best way for you to judge it is to try and find adverts in the area the room is in as pricing really is impacted by location!

I rent out a room (unfurnished) for £100 per week. I'm in Scotland. Price includes use of kitchen, toilet,client waiting area, heating and electric.

I'm based in the North and find that crazily high. You'd be able to get your own shop in the North for that rate haha
A friend of mine pays £450 per month for her own premises - bills not included. It's a beautiful premises and isn't located within another business.
I'd say best way for you to judge it is to try and find adverts in the area the room is in as pricing really is impacted by location!

O that's the beauty of the North/ south divide!

I would say £1000 a month for cambs/essex area is good. If it's a high street location.

Hi
Thank you all for feedback, seems like I need to move north haha I know shops rent out for alot in my town compared to above response.
The salon is located just off the market square which is the 'centre' off town so very close to parking and the 'main streets' and it's is a fairly small is market town, but I'll keep an eye out maybe ask about abit too

Thank you!

Oops sorry....that price was per month! Silly me :)
An old estate agent is within the village centre which is always busy busy people doing their shopping, perfect location but £800+ per month & I find that very expensive! Such a shame because I want it 😄

I know this is an old post, but I'm in a market town also just off the Main Street in Suffolk 1.5hrs from Essex and I pay £30 a week for a beauty room that I use for 3 days. It includes bills but all I need is a light and I out a fan heater on just before a client comes in so I'm not expensive! X

Latest posts

Back