Beauty salons opening from Monday 13th July in England

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPerm

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Looks like salons will be opening very soon.
Are you ready though?

Nope. Lol. It’s my birthday weekend so i’m going to enjoy that then think about Monday.
I am ready regarding kit etc but as for appointments & what we can do?!
Can mobile work?
Can I do group bookings (family etc) at the same time?
Can I go to sheltered accommodation?
Way to give us chance to get ourselves sorted.
I had one client text me 2 seconds after the announcement!

Wow and I thought as a hairdresser hey could of given us more time to get ready for the 4th! Good luck to u all!! X

Felt like an afterthought thrown in the middle there didn’t it.

Felt like an afterthought thrown in the middle there didn’t it.
Yeah, gyms can reopen & concerts can start outside...oh by the way beauticians, tanning & tattooists can start from Monday...meanwhile back to gyms!

My phone has already started ringing, there’s no way I can go back for Monday.
I need at least a week

Yeah, gyms can reopen & concerts can start outside...oh by the way beauticians, tanning & tattooists can start from Monday...meanwhile back to gyms!

Yep. They better get the guidelines and restrictions rolled out tonight otherwise how will we be ready for Monday? [emoji15]

I need at least a week

Mine has too. Daren’t reply to anyone yet, we don’t know what we’re allowed to do

I need at least a week
Same here!
Let’s hope for guidelines tonight/tomorrow. They did say no high risk treatments so i’m guessing no facial treatments of any kind.

Looks like salons will be opening very soon.
Are you ready though?
Hey everyone ,
Where can I find the information on the treatments that I can perform ? im not sure where to look for all the announcements on this .
many thanks in advance x

Hey everyone ,
Where can I find the information on the treatments that I can perform ? im not sure where to look for all the announcements on this .
many thanks in advance x
See my post above yours, more details later I think x

Yep. They better get the guidelines and restrictions rolled out tonight otherwise how will we be ready for Monday? [emoji15]
A client messaged me to say we can’t do facial treatments (I wasn’t planning to anyway)
But she knew before me, how crazy is that

A client messaged me to say we can’t do facial treatments (I wasn’t planning to anyway)
But she knew before me, how crazy is that
Seems clients always know!

Can i ask, are massages allowed to go ahead?

I'm opening as of Monday 20th, I've posted a FB message to that effect and messsged my priority clients to book them in. I work from home, don’t do huge numbers of clients and decided to do 2 per day and restrict to Shellac and manicures only. Guidelines suggest keeping appointments as short as possible.

I'm not specifically worried about the hours of work, it's more about minimising the risk/impact if I'm contacted by test and trace at any point.

Of the 10 I contacted, 1 declined as she only wants extensions and 1 declined as she's not comfortable out and about yet. The rest were super eager which is reassuring

I'm opening as of Monday 20th, I've posted a FB message to that effect and messsged my priority clients to book them in. I work from home, don’t do huge numbers of clients and decided to do 2 per day and restrict to Shellac and manicures only. Guidelines suggest keeping appointments as short as possible.

I'm not specifically worried about the hours of work, it's more about minimising the risk/impact if I'm contacted by test and trace at any point.

Of the 10 I contacted, 1 declined as she only wants extensions and 1 declined as she's not comfortable out and about yet. The rest were super eager which is reassuring
How long is too long though?
I’m mobile so realistically i’m not going to be able to do many clients in a day, but I do have a couple of clients (really a group booking) that have several treatments at the same time & I’m usually with each of them for about 3 hours. It’s not feasible for me or them to go every week to space out the treatments so i’m Not sure how it’s going to work.

How long is too long though?
I’m mobile so realistically i’m not going to be able to do many clients in a day, but I do have a couple of clients (really a group booking) that have several treatments at the same time & I’m usually with each of them for about 3 hours. It’s not feasible for me or them to go every week to space out the treatments so i’m Not sure how it’s going to work.

This is really for you to decide as part of your Risk Assessment. Personally, the fact that the longer you are in contact with someone increases the risk means I'm only comfortable doing treatments that are between 30-40 minutes.

We won't get any more specific guidelines than has already been given. There won't be any specifics given. It's for you to assess. I wouldn't be spending 3 hours with one individual at once (or those from the same bubble). Consider prioritising your most popular, and profitable treatments and focus on those.

I plan to bring extensions back after 2-3 weeks, this will give me time to watch and assess the impact of the lockdown releases. We'll be mid August by then so should have a clearer picture of the situation.

Latest posts

Back