Beauty salons opening from Monday 13th July in England

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t know if this helps - or makes things worse....
A client of mine in nursing - sent me this visual....
It makes sense of the original 2 meter rule....
2BEF3D33-430B-4CC9-B788-08A4248C071D.jpeg

Don’t know if this helps - or makes things worse....
A client of mine in nursing - sent me this visual....
It makes sense of the original 2 meter rule....View attachment 210484
Sure does make sense. Unless someone sneezes of course, then you need at least 5 metres :eek:

Good luck with your reopening.
I think it is a wise idea to give yourself extra time between clients. I’m mobile which is slightly different, but I find it has taken me between 30 mins to an hour to clean everything between clients, i’m not really sure how some are doing it in in 15 minutes.
I also think you can’t be over cautious at the moment, especially if you are vulnerable like yourself. Do whatever feels comfortable for you & I agree with you about delaying the treatments that would require removal of the mask. We’re not allowed in shops without a mask now, so how is it safe to be in such close proximity to a client without a mask.
Let us know how you get on.

Thank you Enchanting Beauty, I really appreciate your comments

In case no one has seen it, just announced on NHBF, the guidance on face coverings has changed in England. Clients should be strongly encouraged to wear face coverings. Staff should still just wear a visor.
Not sure how this is going to work with lip & chin waxes & facials, the official guidelines treatments haven’t changed yet.

Following the Government’s announcement a short while ago, all close contact treatments have now been postponed until at least 15th August :(

Attachments

• FDBB5FD7-FC52-404B-A5A4-5DD9A3C66A64.jpeg
    FDBB5FD7-FC52-404B-A5A4-5DD9A3C66A64.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 38
Beauty Guild are more specific...

Attachments

• D6C04C4D-9394-47BE-99F2-232258B6691C.jpeg
    D6C04C4D-9394-47BE-99F2-232258B6691C.jpeg
    472.6 KB · Views: 51
Im so sorry to all those affected by todays announcement, especially at such short notice [emoji17]

I didn’t book anyone in for face treatments as there was always a possibility this could happen. I feel sorry for those who only do face treatments & nothing else to fall back on. It doesn’t sound good when the government say they’ve reached the limit on reopening...how much longer will it be?! Without support these businesses really will go under now.

Good luck with your reopening.
I think it is a wise idea to give yourself extra time between clients. I’m mobile which is slightly different, but I find it has taken me between 30 mins to an hour to clean everything between clients, i’m not really sure how some are doing it in in 15 minutes.
I also think you can’t be over cautious at the moment, especially if you are vulnerable like yourself. Do whatever feels comfortable for you & I agree with you about delaying the treatments that would require removal of the mask. We’re not allowed in shops without a mask now, so how is it safe to be in such close proximity to a client without a mask.
Let us know how you get on.

Day 1 of re-opening done and dusted........and breath!! Hope that your all doing well and those of you that have been back working for a few weeks have now settled into the new way of working. I found the same problems those of you that had already opened have experienced! I limited myself to just 5 clients today with loads of cleaning down time in between. Although 3 of those clients being full leg and hollywood waxing probably added to me feeling as though I was melting under the constraints of mask, visor, plastic apron and gloves! As I haven't seen my clients for such a long time I found they were all eager to talk about everything and anything and it would have been rude not to engage with the conversation. I wear the disposable masks as I find the fabric ones that I've purchased too constricting to wear for any length of time, but I had a real problem with the mask slipping as I spoke. The masks fit perfectly, glasses placed on top to prevent steaming up but the constant chattering puts paid to the mask staying secure. Other than telling clients I can't speak to them, have any of you found a solution to this problem?

Day 1 of re-opening done and dusted........and breath!! Hope that your all doing well and those of you that have been back working for a few weeks have now settled into the new way of working. I found the same problems those of you that had already opened have experienced! I limited myself to just 5 clients today with loads of cleaning down time in between. Although 3 of those clients being full leg and hollywood waxing probably added to me feeling as though I was melting under the constraints of mask, visor, plastic apron and gloves! As I haven't seen my clients for such a long time I found they were all eager to talk about everything and anything and it would have been rude not to engage with the conversation. I wear the disposable masks as I find the fabric ones that I've purchased too constricting to wear for any length of time, but I had a real problem with the mask slipping as I spoke. The masks fit perfectly, glasses placed on top to prevent steaming up but the constant chattering puts paid to the mask staying secure. Other than telling clients I can't speak to them, have any of you found a solution to this problem?
I also found a problem with the disposable masks & talking, they kind of nudge upwards & poke me in the eye! I found pinching the nose strip really tight & slightly raising my head when speaking has helped a little bit.
Glad your day went reasonably well, sleep well
I think we all have to learn to take our time now, it’s not the same as before.
I’m returning to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off after my little meltdown. Seriously reduced days, 2 clients at same house tomorrow & Wednesday then will see how I go from there if I can manage 1 or 2 more in a day.
Hope everyone doing well x

I also found a problem with the disposable masks & talking, they kind of nudge upwards & poke me in the eye! I found pinching the nose strip really tight & slightly raising my head when speaking has helped a little bit.
I’m returning to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off after my little meltdown. Seriously reduced days, 2 clients at same house tomorrow & Wednesday then will see how I go from there if I can manage 1 or 2 more in a day.
Good luck, hope all goes well....be kind to yourself.

I don't know if you have tried folding your mask in half and adding a knot in the elastics close to the fabric ? It will help to keep it more secure on your face.
My jawline is quite defined ,bur my face is small. I have 3 different makes of disposable masks and some fit better than others.
One kind I twist the elastics in a crossed fashion to loop it around my ears.
You may already do this anyway but it's a suggestion you could try.
Good luck for your reduced days.
I have 3 appointments today ...bliss.

I don't know if you have tried folding your mask in half and adding a knot in the elastics close to the fabric ? It will help to keep it more secure on your face.
My jawline is quite defined ,bur my face is small. I have 3 different makes of disposable masks and some fit better than others.
One kind I twist the elastics in a crossed fashion to loop it around my ears.
You may already do this anyway but it's a suggestion you could try.
Good luck for your reduced days.
I have 3 appointments today ...bliss.
Thanks for the tip, will try that if I still get problems. These are different masks to the ones I tried before, they do seem different. The other ones didn’t seem to ride up.
Have a nice day.

Micropore tape over the bridge of the nose or under the chin?

I struggled at first, I don’t use a mask all the time as I get very hot, so I pop it on when I’m closer than 1 m. Most of the time I’m not (long arms). I’m finding that I’m learning how to keep my mask on with practise. I guess I’m calming down my face movements, and nodding rather than doing a big “oh yes” with my mouth. I’ve learnt to scrunch my eyes and jiggle my shoulders rather than laugh. I’m also enjoying an Indian sideways head shake which is new body move on my part. My hubby has always rudely called me and my Indian heritage family “wobbly heads” (in a loving way). But actually it’s a great way non verbal way to communicate.

My face has always been very animated, because I don’t wave my hands around when I’m working. This isn’t mask Covid secure, so I’m adapting. I need some emoji gestures. I’ve also learned how to wriggle back under the mask when it starts to ride up or down which is a great help. I’m definitely going to micropore clients masks when I do brows though.

good luck, I hope this week feels better

Micropore tape over the bridge of the nose or under the chin?

I struggled at first, I don’t use a mask all the time as I get very hot, so I pop it on when I’m closer than 1 m. Most of the time I’m not (long arms). I’m finding that I’m learning how to keep my mask on with practise. I guess I’m calming down my face movements, and nodding rather than doing a big “oh yes” with my mouth. I’ve learnt to scrunch my eyes and jiggle my shoulders rather than laugh. I’m also enjoying an Indian sideways head shake which is new body move on my part. My hubby has always rudely called me and my Indian heritage family “wobbly heads” (in a loving way). But actually it’s a great way non verbal way to communicate.

My face has always been very animated, because I don’t wave my hands around when I’m working. This isn’t mask Covid secure, so I’m adapting. I need some emoji gestures. I’ve also learned how to wriggle back under the mask when it starts to ride up or down which is a great help. I’m definitely going to micropore clients masks when I do brows though.

good luck, I hope this week feels better
I’ve taken to opening my mouth wide to pull the mask back down...thank god clients can’t see under the mask :lol:
Also I have got to learn to adapt gestures, I always smile but of course no one can see that.
Good tip about the micro pore for clients masks when it comes to doing brows. Although I have seen some dodgy ones so might be pointless with those.

I send a questionnaire to the client a couple of days before their appointment with symptom questions, will they wear a mask etc etc. I have a client tomorrow & have emailed twice asking her to fill them out but nothing.
She is a long standing client but do I still go if I haven’t heard from her?
I would imagine she would do the right thing but can’t be sure these days.

I send a questionnaire to the client a couple of days before their appointment with symptom questions, will they wear a mask etc etc. I have a client tomorrow & have emailed twice asking her to fill them out but nothing.
She is a long standing client but do I still go if I haven’t heard from her?
I would imagine she would do the right thing but can’t be sure these days.

Call her to chase, I'm all for text/email where possible but this requires verbal contact

Call her to chase, I'm all for text/email where possible but this requires verbal contact
She’s actually done it now, but would of called her if not.
In the case that contact cannot be made in any way & it is a long term client, would you still see them? I suppose it could be done at the door but being mobile, I wouldn’t want to get there & they say “I don’t agree to any of that!”
As I mentioned, I would like to think my loyal clients would do the right thing busy me, but trust & loyalty doesn’t seem to mean a lot these days.

Latest posts

Back