beauty school on TV

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
good morning all

did anyone watch this prog on wednesday night!!!! i couldnt help noticing how cluttered and loud the "salon" was during treatments, and there was no privacy at all when the clients came in. at the college where i trained, every bed had a curtain round it so that the client had privacy. also when they were doing their mock exams and the tutor asked the blonde one (cant remember her name) what was the name of the muscle in the neck - (sternocliidomastoid) she didnt have a clue. we had a test at the end of each module and do tasks to help us remember the body parts. surely at this stage of thier college year, they should know where the muscles are (especially in the face and using a faradic machine).
did you also notice the look on the mothers face - ouch - not a happy bunny at all. mind you - i wouldnt be happy if i was forking out £9000 a year for my daughter and she was the same as the blonde one.
another thing - how come some of the girls parents were paying £9000 a year for this college course and the others wernt? they all get the same training.
in my opinion this programme is making beauty therapy courses at college look inadequate, and that they arnt worth anything - when i done my course - it was blooming hard work, and we had to really prove ourselves before we got a pass mark (thankfully i was a swot and got distinctions for all my modules):) your views on this would be good

I watched it and thought the same thing. It all seems really tacky and makes beauticians out to be a bunch of "thick" little girlies that wear too much makeup!. I can't believe that the tutor who went out to Tunisia wasn't bothered about the girls things going missing! I'm not a beautician, but can see why people would be annoyed at the programme.

This programme certainly seems to have a great divide between the full time( £9K ) girls and the day release girls dont you think?? That blonde one who's dad is something to do with Leeds united God her dad is practically pimping for her from how I see it! I have to admit the standards are not appearing to be that great, like you say no privacy and loud (also very cluttered). I cannot see how some of these girls have not been taken off the course for their bad attitude towards the rules either. I mean constantly wearing wrong uniform (black shoes) dirty whites etc God I sound like a harsh bitch!! See this damn programme that I cannot miss now gets me on my soap box you should hear the profanities when I do watch it lol!
pam x

novo said:
I mean constantly wearing wrong uniform (black shoes) dirty whites etc
i know - when i was at college, anyone that came in with dirty whites, wrong shoes etc were told to get home and come the following day in correct uniform.

makeup was another big no-no with us - we were told we could wear a very small amount ie mascara and lippy.

anyone wearing too much were also sent home.

the one on tv looks more like a fashion parade than a beauty course - dont you think :mad:

I watched it too. I couldn't believe that girl who didn't know what she was going on about on her mock exam! Even I could answer the questions the tutor was asking and I did an intensive beauty therapy course and currently studying towards NVQII and IHBC through home study. I would not be happy if I had paid £9k for my daughter to do that and she couldnt even answer the questions on her mock!

I've been watching this since it started three weeks ago on the Wednesday night (sky one and Thurs skymix). :rolleyes:
I'm not trained to be a beautician, but was shocked at the way things were happing on the programme.
As for most of the girls please don't get me started, I know I would never let anyone of them near me yet alone the public. :(
As for miss Leeds Blondie, 4 hours to get ready for dinner and still look like a little lost girl playing dress up!!!
Oh I going to stop here before my blood boils. :mad:

hi ya , well the program is filmed at the school near me , the reason why some pay £9000, and some dont , is because the 9k students are doing a cidesco, and the others are doing the nvq which cost about £1800(which is still dearer than normal colleges :eek: ) i looked into going but i wasnt paying 3 times as much just to do an nvq which i could do in bradford for £600 :D ,anyway just thought i would shed a bit of light on it for ya ,
ooh and isnt her dad embarresing :o ,

I am glad its not just me who winces at this programme??!! I think my hubby thought I was exagerating!! P.s. Dee I lived in Rawdon for 8 months back in 97 say Hi to the place lol! Bet Bimbo Blondie ends up in the tabloids linked to a footballer (with Daddy behind her trying to get in the shot lol!) God I think I actually sound jealous now OOOhhh pulleeze??!! Help me!!
pam x

Hi all, I watched it for the first time, and couldn't believe a college could have the public view the unprofessional attitudes witnessed on this programme. Seeing how the students behave and the tutors lack of authority it would put me off attending a college course. I have just completed my VCTC Beauty therapy course and it was brill , so very different from the TV version. Don't you thing the viewing public would think this is the way therapists are taught and behave.... I hope not, I need more clients :rolleyes:

NailGlitz

Just another thought on this??! I know I know I will shut up soon!! Well dont you think the tutors have also a strange attitude? The main two (not hilter the boss she's a whole different ball game) who you see involved with students seem to always belittleing the girls and not 'hearing' what they say. The attitude of the head tutor would, I have to say, get my back up a bit too.AND see here I go, dont you think its unprofessional to talk about the students and tell them off in front off the others!?

Claddagh Nails said:
As for miss Leeds Blondie, 4 hours to get ready for dinner and still look like a little lost girl playing dress up!!!
My hubby got fed up with me going on about 4 hours to get ready and STILL SHE FORGETS to have any eyebrows!:green:

I thought this college was a complete rip off. My make-up artist course cost £975 (+ products, uniform, etc) for a full time one year course, £9000 seems terrible when the college comes across as not getting the information to stick.

I can't believe I didn't see this enlighten me girls, when, where and what time please :suprised:

michelemacca said:
I can't believe I didn't see this enlighten me girls, when, where and what time please :suprised:
you dont know what your missing lol

sky 1 on wednesday night then repeated on skymix on thursday night

another thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wonder what the head of college will think when he/she sees it - bet they wished they hadnt agreed to publicise the lack of professionalism.

Got it sussed! Lets a few of us get together start a beauty school, charge £9000 then take on any girls who walk past the door too(the old stage walking stick routine). Get some outdated tutors and then swan all over the place having treatments and staying at posh hotels in Turkey etc. Christine Tilly (the boss) certainly knows how to make money.

I thought it was going to be really educational especially for those thinking of doing beauty. It fact it's just a joke. The girls could all do with a good slap, some of their attitudes are awful, that one who went off on hols well she should be expelled. The blonde rich girl should be told her eye makeup is far too heavy and hard looking, looks like she has no eyebrows! Talk about tarty. Hardly a professional image.

As someone said no privacy for those receiving the treatment. Should imagine there are lots of beauticians and schools cringeing just watching it, gives off the wrong image.

The only thing that's amusing is the commentators comments!

Deb379

Hi

PMSL at this thread! I have watched a couple of times but its terrible!! That Blonde spoiled little rich girl is just horrible! :evil: evil girl needs a good slap!

As for there training well maybe they will get a job on the estee lauder counter or something as they defiantly don't have the right attitude to be beauty therapist's!

Carnt help but tune in now and then though! :o

who the hell will employ them now?

you gotta remember it is a TV program, I bet it is nothing like that in real life.

When you are filmed for telly they often ask you to say stuff that you would not normally say 'all in the name of entertainemnt'

novo said:
I am glad its not just me who winces at this programme??!! I think my hubby thought I was exagerating!! P.s. Dee I lived in Rawdon for 8 months back in 97 say Hi to the place lol! Bet Bimbo Blondie ends up in the tabloids linked to a footballer (with Daddy behind her trying to get in the shot lol!) God I think I actually sound jealous now OOOhhh pulleeze??!! Help me!!
pam x
Hi Pam - I drive through Rawdon every day on my way to work!! :Dis it the Yorkshire College of Beauty or White Rose?? I definitely know Christine Tilly's name!! Must watch this - sounds most interesting!!

Latest posts

Back