Beauty | Sheep Placenta Used To Make Latest Facial Fad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Just in case you were wondering where the next outlandish beauty idea was going to come from, I have something that should keep you going. It's not bird poo; it's not snail slime. Nope. New in from Stem Cell Beauty Innovations (SCBI) is the facial that relies on one key, slightly off-putting ingredient: sheep placenta.

Robin Gray, founder of SCBI, created the stem cell skincare line after she fell chronically ill and found that supplements which harnessed stem cell technology vastly improved her health. Her skin care line uses stem cells and her products have been used by some of the world's top dermatologists, dermatologists who boast clients such as Simon Cowell and Kim Kardashian.

The stem cells used in the products are harvested from New Zealand sheep post-birth and the serum is then packaged in a dainty, gold bottle (which is probably a significantly easier sell than dolloping an actual placenta on someone's face). Currently, the only place in London that offers the O-Placenta facial is MediSpa at Harvey Nichols but who know? Perhaps it'll be the next big thing and in every salon before we know it?

You think?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• iStock_000018813715XSmall.jpg
    iStock_000018813715XSmall.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 309
  • o-SHEEP-PLACENTA-570.jpg
    o-SHEEP-PLACENTA-570.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
This actually made me feel nauseous 😳

This.. is BAAARRRMMY! X

This.. is BAAARRRMMY! X

You have NO IDEA how hard I had to resist those puns in the story! "baaaaaarking mad" was another option!

The Ed. x

I can imagine! I just couldn't resist! :)

Don't think ill be having this treatment- il stick to my beauty sheep!

xx

I can imagine! I just couldn't resist! :)

Don't think ill be having this treatment- il stick to my beauty sheep!

xx

Oh come on...don't be sheepish.

Nope! Il let someone else try the skin care line first!

you cant pull the wool over my eyes! :D x

This doesn't really surprise me, there are plenty of strange ingredients in products and odd skincare remedies. I heard not long ago that some mothers eat the placenta after the birth, for whatever reason. It is sent off to be made into capsules that can be easily taken.
Would I try it? Why not! (The cream, not the capsules)

Latest posts

Back