Beauty | The Wax Show Debuts In November

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
If you're a waxing professional you need to get your diary out, flick through to November 10th, mark it as 'Busy' and book a train ticket to Reading. The Wax Show is the UK's first educational conference dedicated to hair removal. The inspiring one-day programme will offer invaluable advice and clever tricks to experienced and brand-new professionals hoping to build their hair removal business.

The Wax Show will welcome speakers from the industry who will share their know-how. Gill Morris, the beauty marketing guru, Ruth Mills, HD Brows' Nilam Patel and The Shave Doctor Mark Sprotson will all be on hand along with trainers from CaronLab Australia and Alexandria Professional Sugaring. Plus, guest speaker Crickett Enos a.k.a. The Wax Chick will be flying in from California for the event.

Demonstrations will cover everything from brows to Brazilians (and beyond!) and attendees will walk away with practical business guidance, tips, tricks and knowledge that will put you ahead of the rest.

Now that we sit down to think about it at Salon Geek HQ, we can't really believe this is the very first event of its kind. The Wax Show is the brainchild of long-standing Salon Geek member and dedicated waxer, Mat O’Marah (a.k.a. Fozzyo).

It stemmed, as so many of the best ideas do, from a late night conversation in a public house of ill repute: “Wouldn’t it be great if there was someplace where all the waxers could get together and tell stories and try new products and share tips with each other? Like the Ideal Home Show, but with more hair…”

Indeed! It sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

And so it began. What started life as an innocent, throwaway comment over a bottle or 4 of Crabbies* soon grew legs and officially became, “Quite A Good Idea, Actually”.

The final piece of the puzzle came earlier this year when Mat’s chum and fellow waxer, Andy Rouillard, was invited to speak at an event in California called The SoCal Wax Show. According to Andy, it was “paradise in a waxpot”. Technicians from across the States gathered in one place to share and learn from some of the industry’s leading names in hair removal, all with one common goal: to be the best darn waxer on the block.

Back in Blighty, plans for a UK version suddenly seemed much more viable and a few tentative Facebook feelers confirmed that they weren’t the only ones who thought the idea might just work. Out came the Little Black Book and with the phone on speed-dial both boys were pleasantly surprised that pretty much everyone they asked was keen to be involved.

They have a date: 10th November 2013. They have a venue: the gorgeous Pentahotel in central Reading. They have some of the country’s finest educators, with demonstrations covering everything from brows to Brazilians (and beyond!), plus lots of practical business advice to keep clients coming back for more. They even have a party the night before…

…now they just need to sell some tickets.

Tickets are available from The Wax Show UK ? 10th November 2013. For more information call 0845 680 2467 and make sure you hook up with the event on Twitter (@thewaxshow) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/thewaxshow)

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• 1157511_157637201104592_832724565_n.jpg
    1157511_157637201104592_832724565_n.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 129
sounds amazing. i would love to attend this event but its really expensive and even more so once transport from Scotland is added on.
jealous of everyone who can attend!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

this sounds fantastic! im not huge on nails...waxing is my passion. need to attend!

emma

Latest posts

Back