• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beauty Therapist L2-3 Cosmetic Science Graduate Looking for PT unpaid work experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKB

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking for part time unpaid work experience. I have applied for many vacancies unfortunately all of them require 2-3 years experience. I don't understand how I can gain experience if no one is willing to give me a chance. I have offered to work part time for free do any work in the salon, cleaning, leaflet dropping anything in exchange for some guidance. I feel very frustrated as believe I have so much to offer but no chance.

I hold the following qualifications:
1. Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
2. Complementary Therapies NVQ Level 3
3. Swedish Body Massage
4. Indian Head Massage
5. Reflexology
6. Aromatherapy
7. Nail Extensions
8. Nail Art
9. Threading
10. Cosmetic Make-up
11. Bachelor's Degree in Cosmetic Science - formulation of products, perfumery, marketing, business studies, chemistry, formulation and design, statistics, studies of raw materials, testing analysis.

Whilst I was studying I worked for an exclusive private member’s restaurant in Mayfair where I had to care for very high profile customers that consisted of celebrities, royalty and other very high profile people. Due to this experience of 8 years I have a learnt to give a very high level of service which was compulsory in my position. I really wanted to pursue my beauty career but got stuck in my job as I loved it so much.

Due to my degree I have a good understanding of the ingredients and why the products are beneficial, therefore I believe I have an advantage in selling the products. Marketing, Business Studies and many other subjects were also involved in the degree as well as the Chemistry therefore I am would be more than happy to add a creative addition to your team. At the moment I have just come back from travelling in Greece however whilst I was there I was working and helping a friend who opened a salon there I loved this position very much but am finding it difficult to find a job here in the UK as all salons are asking for experience.

If someone would be kind enough to just give me a chance I am very hard working and would be more than happy to extend my duties, work overtime if needed, help when cover and do other duties outside the position when requested as I genuinely would love this job.

I am looking for something in Essex or London.

My email address is [email protected] if someone would kindly contact me if they are interested in giving me a chance and I shall forward my CV and all my certificates.

Kindest Regards

Tara Birdi

Latest posts

Back