• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beauty Therapist Seeking Work in the Midlands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently studying to achieve my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy; I have completed all of my training and I am now in the process of finalising my assessments so that I can progress on to Level 3.

I am being made redundant from my current role as a Marketing Assistant and I have made the decision to use this opportunity to follow my dream and become a part of the Beauty Industry!

I am extremely enthusiastic and confident in performing luxury facials, luxury manicures, luxury pedicures, eyelash & brow tinting, brow shaping, eyelash perming, warm & hot waxing and make up.

I will be available for work from early March and would be very grateful if you would consider me for any positions that you may have available!

Many thanks for your time!

Lauren

Lauren - Welcome to the salon geek.

The Midlands is quite a big area, so I think you need to be a little more specific about what area of the Midlands you are looking for work in.

hi and welcome Lauren

good luck in your search for work

also, i dont think you will be 'employable' as such till youve cokpleted level 2, for insurance reasons.

=]

Hi guys, thanks very much for your replies!

oey - Yes, I did think that! Thank you! I live in the Tunstall area, but I am willing to travel (and have my own transport). I'm ideally looking to work in or around any nearby towns (Burslem, Hanley, Newcastle, Blythe Bridge, Cheadle etc...), but, as I say, I'm willing to travel so I'm not restricting the location too much.

chantell simone - Thank you! Fingers crossed!

Katelisa - Thank you for your advice! I'm told I can get 'Student Insurance', but I don't know how true/useful that is! Also, I'm more than happy to start as a Trainee/Junior whilst I'm training; I'd just be appreciative of the experience of working a Salon Environment!

Many thanks again guys, your advice and encouragement is very much appreciated! :green:

Hi guys, thanks very much for your replies!

oey - Yes, I did think that! Thank you! I live in the Tunstall area, but I am willing to travel (and have my own transport). I'm ideally looking to work in or around any nearby towns (Burslem, Hanley, Newcastle, Blythe Bridge, Cheadle etc...), but, as I say, I'm willing to travel so I'm not restricting the location too much.

chantell simone - Thank you! Fingers crossed!

Katelisa - Thank you for your advice! I'm told I can get 'Student Insurance', but I don't know how true/useful that is! Also, I'm more than happy to start as a Trainee/Junior whilst I'm training; I'd just be appreciative of the experience of working a Salon Environment!

Many thanks again guys, your advice and encouragement is very much appreciated! :green:

You are very welcome Lauren - When will you be qualified - i presume it will be spring time. Dont be too disheartened if you dont get anything straight away as Jan/Feb is the quietest time of year in the Beauty Industry so I think patience mat be your tester here. I would suggest doing work experience in salons close to you so you can build up a portfolio of what work you have done.

For those that dont know the areas that Lauren is talking about is in Stoke-on-Trent.

Good luck and I hop you get something soon.

Apologies oey, yes, it's Stoke on Trent!

I'm doing a Fast-Track course, so I'm working to my own timescale. Depending on the number guinea pigs I have available for my Case Studies I am hoping to have qualified for NVQ Level 2 in March and to move straight on to Level 3. I'm aiming to be fully qualified some time during summer.

Thanks for the advice regarding work experience, I'm actually in the process of sending out CV's to local Salons to see if anything is available!

Take Care!

Lauren

Apologies oey, yes, it's Stoke on Trent!

I'm doing a Fast-Track course, so I'm working to my own timescale. Depending on the number guinea pigs I have available for my Case Studies I am hoping to have qualified for NVQ Level 2 in March and to move straight on to Level 3. I'm aiming to be fully qualified some time during summer.

Thanks for the advice regarding work experience, I'm actually in the process of sending out CV's to local Salons to see if anything is available!

Take Care!

Lauren

Sounds interesting - where are you doing your fast track course at?

Sounds interesting - where are you doing your fast track course at?

It's at Pinks Academy in Derby, I'm loving every minute of it! Can't recommend them highly enough!

Do you actually travel all the way to Derby for it then or is it a home learn course?
xx

Do you actually travel all the way to Derby for it then or is it a home learn course?
xx

Hiya sarahmarie! Yep, I travel to Derby for it! Only have to go a few times (depending on how many modules you're taking), then you can do your case studies from home and return to Pinks for your final assessments.

It's a good run to Derby though, takes about an hour if you go straight down the A50 & go early enough to miss all the traffic!

hi again

having done level three over the course of a year, i can honestly say i wouldnt want to cram it into any less time than that!! so maybe aiing to be done by autumn sep / oct is more realistic. Have you seen the work load? lol.

of course it all depends which modules you do, i did aromatherapy, electrolosis, swedish massage, electrical (g5) massage, face electrical treatments, body electrical treatments, 'wet area' spa etc, erm, oh, anatomy and phisiology! There was alot for A&P alone, endochrine system is a nightmare!! lol.

Good luck though!!

I sometime swished that i had done a fast track course, so that i didnt have to share the classroom with the annoying loud immature girls that seemed to be in the group! (it got better at level three though!)

hi again

having done level three over the course of a year, i can honestly say i wouldnt want to cram it into any less time than that!! so maybe aiing to be done by autumn sep / oct is more realistic. Have you seen the work load? lol.

of course it all depends which modules you do, i did aromatherapy, electrolosis, swedish massage, electrical (g5) massage, face electrical treatments, body electrical treatments, 'wet area' spa etc, erm, oh, anatomy and phisiology! There was alot for A&P alone, endochrine system is a nightmare!! lol.

Good luck though!!

I sometime swished that i had done a fast track course, so that i didnt have to share the classroom with the annoying loud immature girls that seemed to be in the group! (it got better at level three though!)

Hiya Katelisa,

Sounds like you did a huge amount of modules, well done to you!

If I manage to get plenty of models for my case studies, I don't think it should take too long, I think there are about the same amount of modules for Level 3 as there are for Level 2 at Pinks, so I'm expecting it to take 5-6 months max; in reality it may take a while longer than that I guess!

I've heard a few people say that about doing the year-long courses at college; Pinks has been great though... a maximum of 8 students per class and everyone's lovely!

Thanks for your help & take care!

Lauren

Latest posts

Back