Beauty therapists of 15-20 years experience, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Nikki C

Reaction score
Good Evening All.....
I’m seeking some assistance from any therapists out there who have a BTEC National Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
I trained in London between 1998-2000 and was awarded my BTEC ND in the summer of 2000.
I’ve never had trouble with insurance but I’m now working for a salon and the local authority wants more of a breakdown of what my course covered?!
It was 20 years ago and the institute where I study doesn’t even offer the course any more!!!!
So frustrating!!!
I have my certification but is there anyone out there who studied the same course at a similar time with some in-depth course prospectus that they could share with me???

Worried I will loose my job if I can’t prove what my qualification covers

Many Thanks

CFBS

Reaction score
Hi,
I was a senior college lecturer and course co-ordinator 2004 - 2014 and taught all the BTEC level 3 diploma including the level 3 BTEC in business.

How can I help?
What do you need?
Have you your original certificates to show which optional units you studied?

Edexcel would change their syllabus every 5 years but to be honest it would only change slightly on criteria wording. The practical hardly varied and always followed the same content as vtct level 2 + 3

Private message me if easier

Nikki C

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply!!
I really appreciate it!!!

I’ve been a practicing beauty therapist since I graduated and I’ve always been insured and worked within establishments with special treatment licences.

I started within a new salon recently.
My current employer says that insurance is in place but the treatment licence with the local authority are not accepting part of my certification.
I graduated with my BTEC National Diploma in Beauty Therapy in June 2000 with The London College Of Fashion in London. I have my BTEC ND Certificate and a breakdown of all the units covered within that two year course.
The problem is.....the local authority want to see more of a breakdown of what I’m trained in I.e manicure, pedicure, massage and waxing. I have a unit called Beauty Bodywork (all the massage therapies) and Beauty Workshop which I remember was our manicure/pedicure and waxing treatments.

I’ve phoned the institute but they don’t even offer the course there anymore ‍♀️
I’ve tried to track down my tutor via FB but had no reply?!?!
I don’t know where to turn and feel very frustrated!!!
I work with other therapists that all have NVQ’s and City and Guilds qualifications which they have obtained within the past 5-10 years. They are able to make contact with the relevant people and get the assistance they need for our employer.
Worried that I may loose my position within the company if I can’t obatin this information for my employer. To retrain in those areas will be costly and so frustrating.

Any advice would be so greatly received! X
Private messaging might be an idea so I can show you what I have in certificates.

Thank you!

Nikki x

CFBS

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply!!
I really appreciate it!!!

I’ve been a practicing beauty therapist since I graduated and I’ve always been insured and worked within establishments with special treatment licences.

I started within a new salon recently.
My current employer says that insurance is in place but the treatment licence with the local authority are not accepting part of my certification.
I graduated with my BTEC National Diploma in Beauty Therapy in June 2000 with The London College Of Fashion in London. I have my BTEC ND Certificate and a breakdown of all the units covered within that two year course.
The problem is.....the local authority want to see more of a breakdown of what I’m trained in I.e manicure, pedicure, massage and waxing. I have a unit called Beauty Bodywork (all the massage therapies) and Beauty Workshop which I remember was our manicure/pedicure and waxing treatments.

I’ve phoned the institute but they don’t even offer the course there anymore ‍♀️
I’ve tried to track down my tutor via FB but had no reply?!?!
I don’t know where to turn and feel very frustrated!!!
I work with other therapists that all have NVQ’s and City and Guilds qualifications which they have obtained within the past 5-10 years. They are able to make contact with the relevant people and get the assistance they need for our employer.
Worried that I may loose my position within the company if I can’t obatin this information for my employer. To retrain in those areas will be costly and so frustrating.

Any advice would be so greatly received! X
Private messaging might be an idea so I can show you what I have in certificates.

Thank you!

Nikki x

Yes please message me your certificates and I’ll see what I can find out.

Nikki C

Reaction score
I really appreciate your help!!!
It really is stressing me out!!!

Kind Regards

Nikki x

Kind Regards

Nikki x

Kind Regards

Nikki x

I’m trying to send you my BTEC certificate too but it’s saying file too large?!

Could I send to you via an email address??

Many Thanks xx

CFBS

Reaction score
I’m trying to send you my BTEC certificate too but it’s saying file too large?!

Could I send to you via an email address??

Many Thanks xx

Message sent. Should turn up on your email

AcidPerm

Premium Geek
Reaction score
If I was your employer, I would be taking this up with the local authority and arguing that you’ve provided adequate evidence of qualification and I’d probably be contacting my local councillors too.

Latest posts