Beauty Therapy Apprenticeships?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*RHI*

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents,
Just wondered if it was possible to do apprentiships in Beauty Salons? I've already got my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy, started Level 3 but didn't complete it. I can't go back to college because I have a full-time job Monday-Friday but thought maybe work in a Salon on the weekends. Could I do this because I know most Salons will only take you on if your Level 3 qualified but I thought I could get trained up on the job? Any advice please?

Hi Ladies and Gents,
Just wondered if it was possible to do apprentiships in Beauty Salons? I've already got my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy, started Level 3 but didn't complete it. I can't go back to college because I have a full-time job Monday-Friday but thought maybe work in a Salon on the weekends. Could I do this because I know most Salons will only take you on if your Level 3 qualified but I thought I could get trained up on the job? Any advice please?
There are a lot of salons that will take you on with a level 2,most like you to have your certificate in Swedish Massage though as it's a popular treatment,saying that you could work in a salon and do a part time massage course in the evening at your local college.But it's important to tell the salon that you intend doing the massage course.

I think the best thing to do is ring around your local salons,tell them what you have said on here,you may find that a lot of salons aren't that busy at the moment though.Probably be better waiting til nearer Xmas or ask them if they could consider you when they are busier.HTH

Sounds good and also because I don't work on the weekends and my boyfriend does I'm always stuck with nothing to do so it would be perfect to have a weekend job to keep me busy. I know theres a few Salons in the city so I will go round and ask. Thank you for your advice!

Sounds good and also because I don't work on the weekends and my boyfriend does I'm always stuck with nothing to do so it would be perfect to have a weekend job to keep me busy. I know theres a few Salons in the city so I will go round and ask. Thank you for your advice!
No problem,good luck,hope you get lots of offers.:hug:

Have you thought about doing the level 3 as an evening course? Some colleges offer this.

i have a level 3 trainee that works for me, she does 4 days in the salon and 1 day at college. when i started out, i used to get £45 a week and a bus pass, but now you get minimum wage upwards and get paid for the hours you spend at college. so you would be able to complete your level 3 whilst working and earning a reasonable wage.i suggest you contact your local college, you may still be able to get on this year, with you already starting previously. they will also be able to help find a suitable salon placement.
good luck:)

Latest posts

Back