Beauty Therapy Courses - wot do you recommend for a skin newbie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Hello Knowledgable Peeps!

I was wondering if you could recommend a beauty therapy course for me to try out. I do nails at the moment (well I will once I've finished my Creative Foundation!), but I'd quite like to diversify a bit and do some skincare, facials and maybe even a smidgen of waxing if I'm brave!!! :eek:

Please could peeps suggest where to start looking for good courses to do this kind of thing in the Yorkshire area if poss?

Many thanks!

Hello Knowledgable Peeps!

I was wondering if you could recommend a beauty therapy course for me to try out. I do nails at the moment (well I will once I've finished my Creative Foundation!), but I'd quite like to diversify a bit and do some skincare, facials and maybe even a smidgen of waxing if I'm brave!!! :eek:

Please could peeps suggest where to start looking for good courses to do this kind of thing in the Yorkshire area if poss?

Many thanks!

How about your local college? They might run beauty therapy courses, starting from Level 1 to Level 3.
Theses course run for a year, most times full time or 1 day a week.

I'd look for a VTCT or NVQ course. If you want to do a range of treatments then that's probably your best option. It's better to do a longer course as well as you then get the time to work on your practical skills under supervision.

Well I've had a wee search on t'internet, and I've got a few possibles.

The local college does an NVQ Level 2, so I'm looking into that. There are also a couple of private 'Beauty Schools/Colleges' in the area, which to be perfectly honest seem much more expensive and don't *actually* give you an NVQ at the end of the day. So I'm going to see if I can perhaps get on the NVQ course at my local college.

Thanks for all the advice, chaps! :green:

I'd look for a VTCT or NVQ course. If you want to do a range of treatments then that's probably your best option. It's better to do a longer course as well as you then get the time to work on your practical skills under supervision.
This is by far your best option hun,this is what i did,the vtct level 2 and level 3 took me 2 years,but it was worth it:green:

My husband did similar and learnt swedish massage and sports massage,and those corses were 6 months each with VTCT.

Let us know how you get on:hug:

Well I've had a wee search on t'internet, and I've got a few possibles.

The local college does an NVQ Level 2, so I'm looking into that. There are also a couple of private 'Beauty Schools/Colleges' in the area, which to be perfectly honest seem much more expensive and don't *actually* give you an NVQ at the end of the day. So I'm going to see if I can perhaps get on the NVQ course at my local college.

Thanks for all the advice, chaps! :green:

HIYA:)
yep!! the college NVQ level 2 is a great way too go mate:)
After completion you are ready to do clients in the treatments learnt and you can progress further if you want to either the level 3 or beauty add ons.
The local college is a much cheaper option than the private colleges/academys

good luck mate:):hug:

HIYA:)
yep!! the college NVQ level 2 is a great way too go mate:)
After completion you are ready to do clients in the treatments learnt and you can progress further if you want to either the level 3 or beauty add ons.
The local college is a much cheaper option than the private colleges/academys

good luck mate:):hug:

Flippin' eck you're not half right there, mate!!! I was horrified at the price of some of these private colleges! (Wot can I say - I'm half Yorkshire, half Scot! :green:) It's not even as tho these colleges were so well known that they'd have been worth the extra money, IMHO. So I've now applied for a place at the local college. I've got to go for an interview with them and then hopefully (if I get through the interview process!) I'll be starting in September! YAY!!!!!

Latest posts

Back