Beauty Therapy! I've made up my mind!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I have been exploring options for the best beauty therapy training for me. I have a busy hubby and two busy girls and was struggling with how I could possibly get good recognized training but be mum, wife and chief cook and bottle washer at the same time?

Well I took the plunge and have been invited for an interview with Champneys College next month. If accepted onto their Sept. course I have opted for their CIBTAC Aesthetic Treatments Diploma which is part of a broader diploma encompassing body massage. I won't be covering the body massage at this point. I will be required to be at college Mond, Tues and Wed with work to be covered at home.

Haven't visited the college yet, but this feels right and I am really excited.

Can't believe how in 2 years of being a geek, I have gone from being a retired nurse to nails to Virgin Vie, bridal make-up and now beauty therapy!

Some of you may know that I have been exploring options for the best beauty therapy training for me. I have a busy hubby and two busy girls and was struggling with how I could possibly get good recognized training but be mum, wife and chief cook and bottle washer at the same time?

Well I took the plunge and have been invited for an interview with Champneys College next month. If accepted onto their Sept. course I have opted for their CIBTAC Aesthetic Treatments Diploma which is part of a broader diploma encompassing body massage. I won't be covering the body massage at this point. I will be required to be at college Mond, Tues and Wed with work to be covered at home.

Can't believe how in 2 years of being a geek, I have gone from being a retired nurse to nails to Virgin Vie, bridal make-up and now beauty therapy!
I hope you get what you want Tracey.I would have loved my daughter to have gone to Champneys college if had a spare 10 grand i would definately send her there. I think you will get a wonderful education there.
Gemma has interviews this week at Ware which is where i qualified and has a good reputation and Oaklands wgc which only started offering beauty last year so not sure about that.

Fingers crossed for you Tracey - it all sounds very posh and very expensive. How long would you be studying for?

The course I'm doing is not as expensive as I thought it would be. I will have to attend 3 days a week Sept to May.

Hope everything turns out the way you want:hug:

thats great news - i LOVED going to college i love the whole learning environment. i hope you really enjoy doing the course iv done my beauty therapy so once you get started pm me if you need any hellp with assignments ect
luv tori x

thats great news - i LOVED going to college i love the whole learning environment. i hope you really enjoy doing the course iv done my beauty therapy so once you get started pm me if you need any hellp with assignments ect
luv tori x

I haven't been in a formal classroom setting since I was a student nurse and I'm NOT going to say how many years ago that was, lol.:lol:

I haven't been accepted onto the course yet but I am very positive and excited and looking forward to some intense learning again.

I may well be asking for help. Thank you.

i just wanted to say congratulations!! Good luck, i'm sure you will love it, it's sounds amazing!!

Mrs C - you will be fab go for it gal xxxxx:hug:

I haven't been in a formal classroom setting since I was a student nurse and I'm NOT going to say how many years ago that was, lol.:lol:

I haven't been accepted onto the course yet but I am very positive and excited and looking forward to some intense learning again.

Tracey

Dont forget I like so many other skin geeks did my Beauty Training at age 36/37 - although I was not so used to the class room environment as the others who were all 16 year olds, but in fact what I did have was the life skills and determination that the youngsters didnt have which did me a massive favor.

I was also treated like more of an adult by the tutors and the young girls treated me like the mother of the group which was a little annoying at times but I also felt proud of them when I also helped them achieve something they were stuggling with.

Have confidence in your abilities at the interview - I have all faith in you and know that you WILL do brilliantly!

GO GIRL!

Oh wow! I hop eit all goes to plan fo ryou Tracey. All the best! xxxx

good for you

i wish you all the best

All the best to you, your nursing will be an advantage on the course with all the anatomy etc. let us know when you have any news. Best wishes. Karen xx

All the best to you, your nursing will be an advantage on the course with all the anatomy etc. let us know when you have any news. Best wishes. Karen xx
Anatomy! What anatomy? That was 20 years ago!:eek: PMSL xx

Well I did my CND foundation course last year and was the oldest by decades. It made me so determined not to be last /worst that I got 100% in my written exam. Being a bit older gives you a different view of life and lets face it when we make selections of courses etc when mature, we know what we want.

Good luck.

Good luck Tracey. I'm sure you've made the right choice and will really enjoy it. :hug:

Excellent choice.

I have CIBTAC and then went on to do CIDESCO (international qualification that you can only do after qualifying with CIBTAC) It is a very good course and covers everything in great detail theory and practical. You will have loads of fun learning so many new things, it is hard work too but worth it. You never stop learning though and it gives you a really good basis to start from. It is especially good as you need to do a lot of hands on work on clients in the student salon to qualify which really helps when you are out on your own after the course.

GOOD LUCK :)

Latest posts

Back