Beauty Therapy level 1 or 2 1st ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
My college rang me on friday to say some one had dropped out of the beauty therapy course. And did i want to join on monday. now im not sure wich one it is.
i have looked on the college site. but im not sure if you do level 2, do you have to have done level 1 1st.
hope this makes sence.

hiya,
At the college that i go to you only need to do beauty therapy 1 if you do not have the grades to get onto the beauty therapy 2 course. I think its 5 gcse's at a C or D. If you have the grades i recommend going straight onto level 2 as it does the level 1 treatments as well as many more. Goood luck hope you enjoy it.:)

Annabel
xxxxxxxx

hi, im a mature student, and the level 2 only states that i need an interest in the courses.
but school / college leavers have to have gcse's to attend.

a good indicator of which course you are about to embark on it the length of time it runs for. Locally to me, level one courses run for a year but level 2 tend to take longer (18- 24 months if you are under 19) as they incorporate a lot of the level 1 work in them.

hope this helps. Go for it and enjoy.

a good indicator of which course you are about to embark on it the length of time it runs for. Locally to me, level one courses run for a year but level 2 tend to take longer (18- 24 months if you are under 19) as they incorporate a lot of the level 1 work in them.

hope this helps. Go for it and enjoy.
Hi, they both run for a year.

hiya,
At the college that i go to you only need to do beauty therapy 1 if you do not have the grades to get onto the beauty therapy 2 course. I think its 5 gcse's at a C or D. If you have the grades i recommend going straight onto level 2 as it does the level 1 treatments as well as many more. Goood luck hope you enjoy it.:)

Annabel
xxxxxxxx
Yep,that was the same at our college,it's pretty unlikely that you will be expected to do level 1 first,level 1 tends to be for those that need 'extra help',and if I remember correctly covers only about three units,i.e mani,pedi and I think facials... but all colleges are different.

Best thing to do is ring your college and ask for advice...sorry cant help you anymore.

p.s have just read a comment that suggests it depends how long a course runs for on which course you will do,this is not necessarily true of all colleges,my daughter did level 2 and she was 16/17,this course lasted for a year the same as level 1 and 3.

Yep,that was the same at our college,it's pretty unlikely that you will be expected to do level 1 first,level 1 tends to be for those that need 'extra help',and if I remember correctly covers only about three units,i.e mani,pedi and I think facials... but all colleges are different.

Best thing to do is ring your college and ask for advice...sorry cant help you anymore.

p.s have just read a comment that suggests it depends how long a course runs for on which course you will do,this is not necessarily true of all colleges,my daughter did level 2 and she was 16/17,this course lasted for a year the same as level 1 and 3.
Thanks for you help. going to give them a ring 1st thing as i have to be there at 5pm courses starts st 5.30pm.

Level 1 is just assisting with treatments, so you set up a for manicure, facial and make up treatment and only do certain things in the treatment like...buff n cuticle work in the manicure and the other therapist does the rest. thats what they did at our college, it may be different at others though!

Hi Honey
Good for you!
Level one is the basics for under 19's
Level 2 is what you need, it covers everything you need. Level one would be too basic for you.
I have finished my 3rd week and its fanbloodytastic.... intense BIG TIME and worth it.

Enjoy it!!
xx

I've just started level 2 with no prior experience of beauty.

I think as someone has already said level one is if you didn't achieve enough GCSE'S

As long as you are ok at maths and english i think you will be fine! x

Is this a part time course or full time?

I believe it will probably be level 2 or equivalent cause at my college they did do the full nvq2 on a part time basis. I dont think it will be level 1 either.

Hi Honey
Good for you!
Level one is the basics for under 19's
Level 2 is what you need, it covers everything you need. Level one would be too basic for you.
I have finished my 3rd week and its fanbloodytastic.... intense BIG TIME and worth it.

Enjoy it!!
xx
just how intense, im not getting any younger. lol

Is this a part time course or full time?

I believe it will probably be level 2 or equivalent cause at my college they did do the full nvq2 on a part time basis. I dont think it will be level 1 either.
hi, its full time. level 2.

just how intense, im not getting any younger. lol
You will be fine hun,believe me.soon you will get the level 2 done and be thinking about the level 3:lol:Good luck and enjoy.xx

hi, its full time. level 2.

Oh I see - with you saying it started at 5pm i thought it may be part time, but you abviouslty have now confirmed it is level 2.

Have a great time - I am sure you will love it. x x x

Latest posts

Back