Beauty therapy level 3 equivalent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone has heard of this?

I’m an NVQ level 2 beauty therapist aswell as a beauty tutor and hold VTCT assessor award.

I am also trained and insured to carry out and teach treatments such as microneedling, dermaplane, injectable Mesotherapy, BB Glow and quite a few others on the aesthetics side of things.

However, my insurance provider at the moment requires a level 3 or equivalent prequisite to gaining insurance for LED face mask which I am trained in.

They have advised that they suspect I actually am at a level 3 now with the number of courses I am qualified and insured for but that they couldn’t be definite and that’s I’d need to ask my training providers. I have asked them but they have no idea what the insurers are talking about and don’t understand.

I have been told be other training providers I have looked at in the past, that if I Am qualified in “micro needling mesotherapy”, that that is a level 3 equivalent.

I just wondered what you all think because it’s rather confusing

TIA x

There seems to have been a big shift in the industry. Previously, peels and needling were considered 'additional learning' and that if you had a minimum level 2 you could add these without too much difficulty. They now require the courses to be accredited in their own right which is just super confusing.
I did my level 2 and already had elements of level 3. Too much for me to do the whole thing. It's often underpinning knowledge they require. I have added a level 3 anatomy and physiology and electrical facials which has allowed me to be insured to work and teach. I think it is the missing a and p possibly. I had to do that for teaching.

Who are your insurers? I've also found that some insurers have no comprehension of how the industry works. I'm with babtac who are really good at looking at the big picture.

When you trained in led was it accredited?

Good luck x

There seems to have been a big shift in the industry. Previously, peels and needling were considered 'additional learning' and that if you had a minimum level 2 you could add these without too much difficulty. They now require the courses to be accredited in their own right which is just super confusing.
I did my level 2 and already had elements of level 3. Too much for me to do the whole thing. It's often underpinning knowledge they require. I have added a level 3 anatomy and physiology and electrical facials which has allowed me to be insured to work and teach. I think it is the missing a and p possibly. I had to do that for teaching.

Who are your insurers? I've also found that some insurers have no comprehension of how the industry works. I'm with babtac who are really good at looking at the big picture.

When you trained in led was it accredited?

Good luck x
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply! :)

I agree it is so confusing!
All of my qualifications are fully accredited as is everything that I teach and im with salon gold and Westminster insurance currently, had almost went with Insync but found them to be way to expensive (for me) and a lot of a rigmarole on phones but have found the other two to be fantastic.

It’s just any insurer I’ve asked including my own have said they suspect I would be at a level 3 now with everything I’m currently qualified in but that I would need to ask my training providers. I work for an award winning, international beauty training academy and nobody knows what they mean atall .

We always advise students to always check with their insurance for training in new things as they all require different pre requisites but yet insurers are saying to check with trainers, so to me, it doesn’t make much sense lol!

You’d think the insurance companies would be able to say what they will and won’t cover based on a persons qualifications, I find it odd ‍♀️

Thanks for your help lovely! Xx

Latest posts

Back