Beauty Therapy NVQ 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsie1983

Reaction score
Hey everyone, after seeing the Beauty Therapy level 3 thread, thought I would start one for us Level 2ers!

I start my level 2 on 20th September at Worcester College, I've very exciting gotta start buying all the bits and bobs for my kit now though!

Is there anyone else starting a Level 2? xx :)

Dont you get your kit as part of the course, at extra cost to you? I am level 2 and paid the college for the kit I use.
Sam

No we buy it seperate its a college kit but we get the break down of whats in it then we purchase it from the supplier.

Quite handy really cause I have a lot of the stuff like tweezers and manicure stuff already! So saves me buying it again!

Hiya

I finish my NVQII Beauty in four weeks and am really excited to get my part-time mobile business started.

I trained at the London College of Beauty Therapy for the past year and have absolutely loved it, if you want any advice on what you might need for certain things etc or anything else just let me know! I now feel really confident in waxing, facial, manis and pedis, false lashes etc and have clients lined up already!

Good luck!

xxxx

Good luck with your level 2.:hug: You will really enjoy it, my only advice would be to practice, practice, practice!

if you want any advice on what you might need for certain things etc or anything else just let me know!

xxxx

Might just need too do that! x

My daughters just started her nvq 2 this week.She gets her kit today.i'll be interested to see whats in it.It cost enough :)

Well like I said I just trained at LCBT and it was £1300 for the year (I work fulltime as a legal sec too so didn't get any benefits) and that included my kit in which I got everything apart from a wax pot! The make-up isn't up to much but it is fine to learn with!

Hope you get all the bits I need and defo let me know if you need any help/advice with assessments etc!

Enjoy xxx

Hi Gemma
I am starting my level 2 next Thursday....I am buzzing with excitement:)
Great isn't it. Im sure many of us can bounce off each other if we have a brain block day lol

Good luck with it
x

Well I started my course last night and it was fab!!

Nice bunch of girls and good course content!!

A lot too get through though I feel very motivated though!!!

Has anyone else started yet????

xx

Well I started my course last night and it was fab!!

Nice bunch of girls and good course content!!

A lot too get through though I feel very motivated though!!!

Has anyone else started yet????

xx

Great to hear you enjoyed it.
I have just finished my second week (4th day) and your right there is alot to get through. Received our first assessment of about 18 I think our tutor said.
In my class the girls are great.
xx

hi ladies:lol:

i started the nvq2 the begining of sept, and im loving it, im doing it full time an being 26 i was worried about being with a load of young girls but actually they are all lovely and there are quite a few of us older ones there too.

im at the city of bristol college and have done hairdressing level 2 and acrylic nails level 2 but am loving this course at the mo.

so far we have done a full body massage (tires you right out) express and luxury facials, lash and brow tinting and basic make up application, so quite a lot in 4 weeks ( 12 sessions).

maybe we can all help eachother out if we get stuck on the a&p side of things, if not im sure ther is someone on here that could help all us learners lol.:green:

Little dissapointed too find out we are not going too be covering make up on our course, I was really looking forward too that!! They said they dropped that module because we have a lot too cram in already! Hey ho gonna have a look round for another course for make up!

Yes that happened on my course also. A girl in my class has done training with 'MAC' who sounds one of the best. Cant find any training as yet so will be asking her next week. I will let you no if you like:) A few of us from the class may all book up for the same one.....if you need need golden body parts for it lol
xx

Little dissapointed too find out we are not going too be covering make up on our course, I was really looking forward too that!! They said they dropped that module because we have a lot too cram in already! Hey ho gonna have a look round for another course for make up!

hi ladies:lol:

i started the nvq2 the begining of sept, and im loving it, im doing it full time an being 26 i was worried about being with a load of young girls but actually they are all lovely and there are quite a few of us older ones there too.

im at the city of bristol college and have done hairdressing level 2 and acrylic nails level 2 but am loving this course at the mo.

so far we have done a full body massage (tires you right out) express and luxury facials, lash and brow tinting and basic make up application, so quite a lot in 4 weeks ( 12 sessions).

maybe we can all help eachother out if we get stuck on the a&p side of things, if not im sure ther is someone on here that could help all us learners lol.:green:

Is body massage included in level two now ? :)

Iv started my level 2 beauty 2 weeks ago and loving it,the homework is piling up aswell:grr: so i must get my finger out and get it done.Good luck to you all with your course.we can help each other get through it:hug:

i think they have added it in to the course but it is actually level 3 sweedish body massage so once we have competed that part we will get a certificate for nvq 3 sweedish body massage, dont know why thay have added it to our level 2, it is good though but it takes it out of you ( nice to have done to)

the make up we do is preety good to as we cover day and evening make up and even a bit of theatrical. dont know about any other colleges but there are a couple of part time make up courses at the college, one is make up and maicure and the other is photographic makeup ( which i might actually enrol on soon) cant believe it has been dropped your courses, id be gutted too.

have a look in your part time prospectuses and see what they got, might have some luck with that x x x x x
:green:

As a Level 2 lecturer and course co-ordinator I have never taught body massage to Level 2 students - it is considered a Level 3 skill. There is a massive amount of A & P essential knowledge and understanding to get through, not just body muscles but also knowledge of the body's systems which can result in what's termed a Healing Crisis. I teach a total of ten units for level 2 - it's a lot to get through but with hard work and determination it can be done.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions new level 2 students may have. I have been teaching for years and have seen it all!! My advice to any of you is listen to your teacher, organise your time for revision and don't get behind in your assignment work. You will also need to work very co-operatively with your fellow students - good relations will make your year fly by with great fun!

Latest posts

Back