beauty therapy nvq?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollie_mummy

Reaction score
Hi i am a qualified nail tech and i am looking to go into other areas of beauty, so im considering doing a beauty therapy nvq apprenteceship. i was wondering if anyone had taken the course and what they thought about it. any help please?:green:

Hi - Im a qualified NVQ beauty Therapist but i did it through college rather than an apprentership. And i have to say i loved every minute of it. It was such a great 2 yrs!! Im not going to lie its bloody hard work lol you will get stressed and at times want to cry but i promise you, you wont regret it. Even if at the end of it you decide not to make a career out of it its all skill you can use on yourself and family and friends. Its also much a solid career to pursue because beauty wil NEVER go out of fashion. Be sure to let us know what you decide. any other questions let me know ;)

This thread would probably do better in the skin geek forum........
I don't think apprenticeships in beauty therapy are that common, most therapists train at college either full time or do evening classes. I think the reason for that is beacause unlike hairdressing most clients wouldn't want an apprentice watching while they get thier treatments done as some are very personal (facials/massage) and intimate (brazilian/hollywood).
HTH
xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back